Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #21  
These carry alls are interesting but wondering if I should start a new post or just keep posting here? Got a bad back and when I go to cut firewood from full log length, I absolutely HATE bending over to cut logs then picking them up off the ground bending over yet again. So, I built a "Log Platform" (not sure if thats the right word, but its basically an 8' wide table that slips over the forks on my FEL with a wood "backing" to protect the chain from hitting the forks QA area. Table was marked for every 16" and I load up a few logs with a pik ax onto table then use the FEL to raise the table to a height where I dont have to bend over, then cut the logs at their 16" piece and leave on table, have log splittler right next to table and then just pick up the logs from table to splittler, from splitter to UTV box to transport to final log pile. Works good but problem is...its made of wood and i just broke it when my foot slipped off the clutch and rammed the table into the log pile...and another issue is that eventually you cut thru the lumber that makes up the table and weaken it. Was wondering if anyone has made similar item that might be better designed that what I threw together....it lasted me 3 years until I broke it. Is there like a strong plastic that will stand up to the chain saw better than the wood? or possibly aluminum but I had thought aluminum would probably dull the chain on the saw...any ideas/pointers etc. would be appreciated.
Can you post some pictures, for those of us who have a hard time envisioning it?👍🏻🇺🇸

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #22  
Just finished putting a carry-all together for myself this weekend since lumber has come back down in price.

Haven't used the 2" receiver yet, but the casters have been really handy. While the ends of the bracing boards (unsurprisingly) split since I didn't pre-drilled the holes for the lag bolts it should work for awhile.

Looked at big tool racks, but it was really hard to wrap my head around the pricing vs. a carry-all frame and some lumber - particularly given the platform will get beat up and need to be repaired/replaced at some point.

Attachments

• 0829211245.jpg
    0829211245.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
   / Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #23  
These carry alls are interesting but wondering if I should start a new post or just keep posting here? Got a bad back and when I go to cut firewood from full log length, I absolutely HATE bending over to cut logs then picking them up off the ground bending over yet again. So, I built a "Log Platform" (not sure if thats the right word, but its basically an 8' wide table that slips over the forks on my FEL with a wood "backing" to protect the chain from hitting the forks QA area. Table was marked for every 16" and I load up a few logs with a pik ax onto table then use the FEL to raise the table to a height where I dont have to bend over, then cut the logs at their 16" piece and leave on table, have log splittler right next to table and then just pick up the logs from table to splittler, from splitter to UTV box to transport to final log pile. Works good but problem is...its made of wood and i just broke it when my foot slipped off the clutch and rammed the table into the log pile...and another issue is that eventually you cut thru the lumber that makes up the table and weaken it. Was wondering if anyone has made similar item that might be better designed that what I threw together....it lasted me 3 years until I broke it. Is there like a strong plastic that will stand up to the chain saw better than the wood? or possibly aluminum but I had thought aluminum would probably dull the chain on the saw...any ideas/pointers etc. would be appreciated.
I have a ~8' chuck of straight roll conveyor bed I was thinking about doing something like that with but I'd load the log then have an adjustable arm overhanging so just slide the log over until it hit's the arm and cut at my mark. Haven't gotten ambitious enough yet as I don't use firewood for much here.

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #24  
I saw the “Big tool Rack“ on out doors with the Morgan’s he loved it! Could it be because he got it for free?
He hasn't used that in a vid in a long time, and I don't see it anywhere in the background.

About the only thing he paid money for is the mini excavator and the vehicles. Maybe the splitter, but pretty sure that was at least heavily discounted.

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #25  
He hasn't used that in a vid in a long time, and I don't see it anywhere in the background.

About the only thing he paid money for is the mini excavator and the vehicles. Maybe the splitter, but pretty sure that was at least heavily discounted.
I used to watch ODWTM every day. I guess I got burned out, haven’t seen him since he retired. I did get the idea for the carryall from him! He is a motivated individual, hats off to him and his family!!!👍🏻☮️✌🏻

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #26  
Makes sense to those of us who avoid bending over. You should post its own thread.

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #28  
One man's carryall.... I have SSQA front end loader. I have Landpride forks.
Sometimes I just pickup my three point carryall on the forks, fasten it with rope go on about what ever I wanna do. It's handy if working in remote spot and just want to leave the carryall and tools etc right there. eazzzy.

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #29  
Can you post some pictures, for those of us who have a hard time envisioning it?👍🏻🇺🇸
Yes, Ill give it a shot, being a newbie here...I think Ill create a new post with pics of the table but its very similar looking to jjp8182 post pic above, was made out of rough cut lumber I had laying around. Just wanted to see if members here had good ideas to improve on it some so it lasts a little longer. thanks for the input.

/ Big tool rack - no returns in 7 years claim #30  
480F8E28-646E-4D2C-8EEF-5D0B1FF71E4C.jpeg
F5BF698D-0533-4DD1-9CC1-8FB58C2B992A.jpeg
C842AA23-6621-40D2-8EAB-CE738976926A.jpeg
l add some caster wheels, sides, chainsaw holder,PVC TOOL HOLDERS and a tow ball!

Last edited: