Bigger tractor with cab??

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
What would you you all recommed for a tractor with factory cab around the 60 hp range?

Details outlined below:

1) primary use will be for snow removal with snow blower pto driven (commercial grade)

2) Needs to have a good strong FEL (lift capacity) that is quick and responsive.

3)Cab needs to be quiet, very good visability to front and rear. Operator seat and controls need to be comfortable for forward and extended reverse operation. Needs to have a great defroster system, don't want windows to fog up front rear and sides.

4)Transmission needs to be good for lots of loader (back and fourth)

5)Doesn't have to the most expensive, or cheapest, just a good bang for the buck. Doesn't have to be brand new either.

Any ideas?

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #2  
I sure did like that JD 5420 that I had. The only reason I got rid of it was because I couldn't bale fast enough in the hills with it. The cab was super nice. It was very quiet with excellent views and great controls on all the windows and doors. Everything was easy to open and close and airtight when closed. All the creature comforts. Heat, defrost, air. Front and rear wipers with fluid and intermittent control. Tilt and telescoping wheel. The seat was air adjustable and moved every which way to get you comfortable. The loader was very strong. I pushed quite a few trees out when I was building fence and pushed out some fence rows with no problems. For back and forth that power reverser is the way to go. Standard on that tractor is the sync shift. 1st and reverse are right inline as well and is very easy to go back and forth between. I thought it was a very nice tractor.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #3  
Those of us with New Holland TN's I'm sure would recomend a TN65D. (If you want 62pto hp get a TN75D) Excellent, Quiet cab. Heater, A/C, Stereo. No actual side or rear defoggers, but in 3 years of New England use have never had side or rear windows fog at all. There are 4 adjustable blower vents across the front that stir the air quite well. Front and rear washers and wipers. With the hydro shuttle shift, forward to reverse is just a flip of the wrist, fully modulated even at full PTO throttle. Dash is electronic digital guages. Mesh sun screen pulls down across fron window (really helps with bright snow). All windows (and the cab is virtually all glass) are tinted. Excellent all around visibility. The loader is very responsive, strong with lift capacity well up in the mid to high 3000# range. I've picked up one end of a 8800# 40' container with mine and pushed it quite a ways. Lift capacity of rear Cat I/II hitch is just a couple of pounds shy of 4000. Standard suspension seat is pretty confortable. Optional air ride seat is even better. Standard front and rear lighting is superb. Electronic (flip a switch) control of 4WD and front and rear differential lock is standard, with hydro electric control of PTO optional.

When I was looking for a tractor in this class, I drove many JD and Kubota models and definately prefered the New Holland. There are quite a few TN owners on this board and if you search the New Holland forum you can get quite a bit of info on them. I do see used ones available.

As you can tell, I'm very happy with mine.

Andy

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #4  
The NH TN65D looked like a great tractor - and sounds like it would fit your needs very well.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #5  
On the small side of the 60 with Kubota you would have the grand L5030 with a factory cab that is very functional for most all operators and on that size tractor you can get a factory 72" front mount blower. Then you go into the M-series with factory cabs from the 4900-5700-6800 with the first to numbers being respective horsepower. The 6800 of coarse is the hot rod tractor for performance of the three models. They have comparable factory air conditioned cabs that are world class with hydraulic shuttles available and self leveling loaders. There also is the MX5000 which is a value tractor that could have a aftermarket cab installed.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #6  
Why not look for a tractor with a front 3pth and pto? Unless you want to use both the fel and front blower at the same time. If so then I'd say go for a tractor with reverse drive option on it. SAME offers it on the Frutteto in a smaller package,or a bit larger on the Explorer Top II. You could also get a Valtra 6200/6300 with Twin-trac. Versatile had a 256 in the 80s that would work,but might physically be too large. You might also find a used Valmet,Valtra/Valmet. Hurlimann/Lamborghini versions of the SAME models are around used also.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #7  
good morning....

take a look at a zetor if you can....you will be surprised..
nice piece of equipment and nicely priced..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ground speed pto, etc....excellent FEL....etc
good luck, bluebonnet2

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #8  
Kioti DK65
Nice cab, good loader, cat I/II 3ph, outside 3PH controlles, std rear remotes, shuttleshift, $25-27K?
Mark

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #9  
I used a Kubota M8200 with cab most of last winter. I was storing it for a friend. This machine would be similar to the M6800 but with a turbo charged engine instead of normally aspirated. The cab was easy to see in with a very comfortable seat. The defrost seemed to work pretty well. The engines on these M series are really smooth and quite. Add a cab and they’re really quite. In general I liked it and it merits consideration with the others that have been mentioned. On the downside I prefer the electronic over hydraulic joystick loader controls. This ones joystick was a manual valve that you kind of had to reach for. It worked but not nearly as nice as my skid steers. I know the large JD tractors (7000 series) use the same kind of electronic over hydraulic joystick but I’m not sure if the JD 5400 series does or the NH TN series. Maybe some of you guys can answer this question. The other thing I didn’t like about the M8200 was that the loader didn’t come with the universal quick attach. I know the TN loader does and I believe they are available for the M6800 and below. I highly recommend the skid steer style quick attach. It really opens up possibilities for front attachments.

My thoughts on the subject.
Eric

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #10  
Lot's of good info. It's cold NOW, but it will get WARM. You may not worry, but all that glass can make a nice greenhouse in the summer. I have seen them pretty steamy, even with all windowa opened. So which has effective AC?