Bigger tractor with cab??

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #22  
Not yet WB. Maybe, who know...

ZJ

/ Bigger tractor with cab??
Hope all had nice and safe Holidays!.

My thread should have read need a better tractor /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

I kinda started this thread before I had all my info together. Let me explain from the begining what had happened.

I purchased a Pronovost model P-740 snowblower. Its the group two class blower, weighs about 1200lbs and is 74" wide. It was purchased in Quebec. I had a hard time getting it across the border but that is another discussion all together.

I installed the blower on my NH2120 and it did not have enough power to run it even in fresh fallen snow. The snowblower is rated to run behind 35 to 60 hp tractors. Granted my NH2120 is at the lower end of the scale but the snowblower dealer said it should be able to run it. It didn't. So I tried to rent a larger tractor to run the snowblower but had no luck at all. I called a local framer who had a Kubota M69??DT tractor to try the blower on. Well it worked. The tractor didn't have good rubber plus the blower was smaller than the tire width. I called the dealer from where the blower was purchased and explained my problem. We talked in length about the issue. We came to the agreement that the NH2120 was not running right or over rated. The dealer also told me the he personally uses the same blower I purchased on a Kubota L4200 GST and has no trouble.

At this time we where getting snow 2 times a week and each time measured by feet! The whole idea to have the blower was to help out with these kind of storms. Our plow truck were having a very hard time keeping up. Lucky for us we only had one of our 115 rural driveways get closed up. Not good 3 days before X-mas!.

So... I have a freind about 1.5 hrs drive away that had bought a new L4330HST TLB this fall. He isn't using it this winter and let me "use" it to see if it can handle the blower. After a 6 hours round trip of getting the tractor, lots of snow and poor road conditions.

During the installing the blower on the L4330HST I found the 3pt hitch doesn't raise at all even with no weight on it. After "diagnosing" (drawing out the hydraulic circuit) I found the dealer had 2 hoses switched on the power beyond block for the loader and backhoe. Turns out the power beyond was dumping to the sump and not 3pt like its supposed too. After switching the hoses everything worked.

The Kubota L4330HST has the same PTO HP as the NH2120 at 34.5hp. The L4330hst handles it very well. I even used it on the L4330 for a pass and then removed it and installed it on the NH2120 and tried it (same snow conditions) and it was a joke. The NH2120 does not have the torque to maintain rpm during a load. I even ran it wide open. You get it under 2100 - 2000 rpms under a load (snowblowing) and the rpm will drop like a rock. The Kubota will not drop the rpm as easily. So I'm very pleased with the Kubota and it performance. A++ in my book. One thing that does make a difference is having the HST verses a gear for blowing snow. I've used it about 10 hrs blowing snow and very inpressed. The snow I've been blowing has been very wet, been plowed (snowbanks), and the temps above freezing.

Now the freind will let me "use" the tractor for the rest of the winter. But the tractor doesn't have a cab! So most likely the NH2120 is history. I know for one thing it will be HST for sure and most likely a Kubota. Looks like my options are limited to the L5030HSTC (cab model). It will give me an extra 7 hp on the pto which will help.

Any advice, comments, questions!!!!

In the next few weeks I will be specing and pricing out a new tractor most likely L5030HSTC and would need lots of advice on options to get.

Thanks again for all your help.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #24  
Eric:

After many conversations with Kubota, American Engineering, in Torrance California, I think they are following my advise about shrouding the area between the radiator, a.c. evaporator and the oil cooler. There has been a Kubota rep out to look at my 5030 too.

I guess they want mine this summer as they are going to do some tests on it (maybe they can have it, I haven't decided yet).

With the fix, the a.c. is impeccable.

On the subject of loader controls, the 5030 has the 4 way valve with a joystick (mechanical/cable linkage). It's very easy to modulate and the stick is in such a convenient place, it falls right into your hand. It's really a joy to use. I suggested to Kubota that a swivel seat would also be in order. I spend quite a bit of time backing and while the mirrors afford a good view, a swivel seat would be even better.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the unit. I'd opted for an M series, cab unit, probably in the 70 horsepower range, but the 5030 HSTC is actually LOWER in overall height than the non-cab, ROPS equipped 5030. Height was a prime consideration as I keep the tractor in my heated shop and 8' was the limit.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #25  
I would have a dealer look at your 2120. I think there is something wrong with it. I have had one since 1987 and have no issues with it's power and use many PTO implements on it. Never have I had it drag down like you say. The 2120 was one of Ford/New Holland's most popular models ever and I believe the PTO hp of the tractor was actually derated to get below some limit. I have run a 63" blower on mine into 18" of wet snow and the tractor barely notices it. I can't believe another 11 inches makes that much difference.

Andy

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #26  
Do you know if Kubota will make your changes to the AC system for the 2004 models???

Also, is the joystick to controll your FEL right next to your hand? or is it the "traditional" location next to the steering wheel?? I would like a FEL controller that is like the joystick on a Skidsteer. any pics of it?
thanks

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #27  
ledeburh1:

The joystick (and it is a joy to use) is mounted on the inside of the fender well right where your right hand rests, especially with the folding armrests down. I know that in all the Kubota ad material, there is no pictures of the location and when I purchased the tractor, until I picked it up, I myself didn't know where it would be mounted other than the fact that it was completely remote from the loader.

My camera was inadvertently left at my in-laws over the holidays so no pictures right now. I did want to post my new Lucknow 78 rear mount blower and that will have to wait!!

Actually, the "feel" of the joystick is very similar to the remote option on my 773 Bobcat.

I would imagine that Kubota is going to modify the airflow into the radiator. They didn't say yeah or nae, but in their best interests, and knowing Kubota, I am sure they will address the problem.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #28  
Rowski:

The torque rise on the 5030 is really good. Rat will attest to the torque the motor has.

When I am haying, especially round bailing, as the bale size grows, so does the power requirements. The 5030 hangs right in there. It has a "sweet" spot, right about 2100 rpm.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #29  
5030, Thanks your joystick sounds just like what I want.

Now if you could get the kubota engineers to install a small refrigerator and microwave, then we would never want to leave the cab.

/ Bigger tractor with cab?? #30  
Rowski:

Actually, I have a little 12 volt cooler that I take with me when I go haying.

It holds a couple of cans of pop and a sandwich or two.

Kubota put a cigarette lighter right next to the cup holder which is right above the HST range lever and cruise lever. I plug my little fridge-cooler in there so I have cold pop and a sandwich for lunch. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I smoke too...(a dirty habit, but a habit nonetheless). I don't smoke in the 5030, my pickup or for that matter, my camper.

I roll-my-own, so I keep the makings in a pouch and that goes in the tool compartment behind the seat along with my gloves.

At first, I tried keeping my spare lynch pins, hitch pins and assorted junk in there, but I soon found out that it rattles around and is irritating. I bought an aftermarket tool box and mounted it to the FEL rails, right under the left step. The M series comes with an outside tool box mounted next to the engine on the left, but the 5030 doesn't.