Billionaire Space Shots

/ Billionaire Space Shots
The taxes thing is Fake News.

He pays taxes just like you and me on stock he sells. There is no magic here. He pays capital gains just like anyone.

Read carefully the media reports of him paying no taxes. They are talking about the increase in his Amazon stock value in 2020. Then they say he paid no taxes on that huge gain. Duh!

Well - no one pays taxes on unrealized gains in stocks. No one gets a tax deduction for unrealized losses in stocks.

The media reports are a push to say “the rich should pay taxes on unrealized gains in stocks”.

There is always an agenda.

MoKelly
there is a difference between capitol gains and income tax.

/ Billionaire Space Shots #82  
Not to stir the pot too much, but from what I've seen sometimes "helping" others is the fastest way to cripple them for life.

Basically the old statement about giving a person a fish vs. teaching them to fish. While some may prefer to always be given "fish", if they never learn to "fish" for themselves what happens when all the benefactors who were giving them "fish" are no longer able to do so? (for whatever reason).

Not saying helping others is a bad thing, but the nature of the "help" really needs to be considered...

As for the "super rich", I find it rather fascinating just how quickly a massive family fortune can be spent - especially if the heirs never really learned the value of money by having to work for it.
How'd that fish analogy go with the cod off New England?

/ Billionaire Space Shots #83  
there is a difference between capitol gains and income tax.

And there is a difference between unrealized stock appreciation and earned income.

If your sole income in a year is a $1 billion gain in stock sales and you pay $200 million in capital gains taxes, is it honest to say “Bezos earned $1 billion in 2020 and paid zero income tax”! Is that an honest thing to say or perhaps do the writers have another agenda to push?

MoKelly

Last edited:
   / Billionaire Space Shots #84  
Reading all the news reports today on Bezo’s press conference “thanking all Amazon’s workers and customers who paid for the trip”.

For a billionaire with unlimited resources, perhaps he can spend a few dollars on a competent PR firm. Who in their right mind thought that comment would float? It was like waving the red flag at the hoard of angry bulls.

He tries so hard to be liked and even thought owning a media company would help.

Nope.

MoKelly

/ Billionaire Space Shots #85  
How'd that fish analogy go with the cod off New England?
It'd seem TBD at the moment given:

Seems to be saying that the fish populations should be back up in the next few years.

..... as with anything learning to not overuse/abuse the available resources (whatever they are) is part of learning.

/ Billionaire Space Shots #86  
Just like a ride at the fair! (y)
Yeah those 63 mile high Ferris Wheels are scary. :LOL:

photo-1563373847-a30d776a433b

/ Billionaire Space Shots #87  
Yes, but my tv said they fired at 20 feet.
Oh I didn't hear that and didn't know the capsule had boosters. Thought the dust was caused by direct contact with the ground. o_O

/ Billionaire Space Shots #89  
I sometimes wonder if we couldn't use another depression, it would re-educate these greenies and SJWs, when there is no one to pick them up or equalize society for them.

Trying to educate my GF of the benefits of a pressure cooker, root cellar and canning has been a struggle.

My grandmother would can anything that stood still long enough, especially if she liked it.

I didn't know what a salmon pattie was, she would can carp and buffalo fish and it tasted exactly the same to me. I didn't know they were different until I was in middle school. I remember taking a thermos full of squirrel dumplings to school and grossing all the girls out. Growing up on a river and having a big garden was a blessing, unless it was time to hoe and weed the garden, then it sucked.

/ Billionaire Space Shots #90  
Oh I didn't hear that and didn't know the capsule had boosters. Thought the dust was caused by direct contact with the ground. o_O

TV showed they were going 16mph when they hit the ground - but the talking heads said the boosters were supposed to slow them from 16mph to 8mph at landing.

MoKelly