Biodiesel From Human Waste

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
   / Biodiesel From Human Waste #2  
Thanks for the post.
The politicians in my county want to fund an experimental plant like this, from a German company. It sounded a little pie-in-sky until I see that there are other folks working with the technology.

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #3  
Might give new meaning to "I love the smell of diesel"

mark

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #4  
Now that is very cool. And with all the politicians in the world, a very renewable resource :)

/Todd

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #6  
mjarrels said:
Might give new meaning to "I love the smell of diesel"

mark

Mornin Mark,
Youve been lookin at my "bio" again havent you ? ;) :)

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #7  
A new profit stream for the septic sucker.

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #8  
Does this mean that Washington DC will be chock full of "fuel" ? After all we all know that town is full of .....

jb

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #9  
john_bud said:
Does this mean that Washington DC will be chock full of "fuel" ? After all we all know that town is full of .....

jb

NOPE WHAT THAT MEANS is if every time ANY politican opened their MOUTH thier would be free fuel for everyone!:D

/ Biodiesel From Human Waste #10  
These bio fuel sources all sound so promising until you finally get to read about some down side to them.

I'm willing to give up Tofu to run the tractor but it was determined that if the entire 2005 soybean crop was converted to bio diesel that it would only have replaced 5% of the diesel used that year. That is not encouraging for it to totally replace fossil fuel diesel.

I think alternate energy research is worthwhile but with politicians involved I have the feeling that we will probably be left with snake oil for fuel.

Does anyone remember "nuclear generated electricity too cheap to meter"?