Rear Blade Bison Rear Blades

/ Bison Rear Blades #1  

Phred

Veteran Member
Tractor
TN70D, 4wd, 16x16 trans
Anyone have a bison rear blade?

Several reasons I am looking at the Bison:
1) For larger 4wd tractors the light weight units are not an option. Tear into rocky ground with a large tractor in 4wd low gear, and the blade will rapidly develop a new undesired shape. The result is that a heavy duty unit with a minium cost of around $800 is probably the baseline.
2) The bision is very heavy duty. The heavy duty 9' is just over 1000lbs.
3) You can add hydraulics to the NHVH- -XHD series after the fact, without the up front sticker shock.
4) A new unit is ~$1300-1400 for 9' without hydraulics. Similar woods blade is a good deal more.

Anyone have a good or bad expereince?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bison.com.mx/I_extrapesado.htm>http://www.bison.com.mx/I_extrapesado.htm</A>

/ Bison Rear Blades #2  
Hey Phred,

Never heard of them before your post. Sure make some h-d looking equipment though. Have you seen one in person yet? If so how'd it look?

/ Bison Rear Blades
Woodbeef,

Yes. A local dealer has one on the lot. Its CAT 2 and all manual adjustment. But it has mounts for hydraulics on tilt, angle, and offset.
These things are very heavy duty, and appear well built.

Almost as heavy duty as a woods RB990, (~1400lbs) but much cheaper.
Its a good deal heavier than the woods RB850 which is about 750 lbs.

I would rather have a RB1010 with the rear wheel and hydraulics but thats almost 3K worth of rear blade! /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif.
Local dealer had one of these on the lot for a few days that had already been sold to a customer.
With a full set of hydraulics that was one heavy duty blade.

Fred

/ Bison Rear Blades #4  
Hey Phred,

Very impressive company and equipment! I e-mailed them as soon as I saw your post. They got back to me early the next day! Very quick customer service,even though they are not sold up here yet.

/ Bison Rear Blades
Woodbeef,

Well I hope so. My NHVH-270-XHD will be dilevered next week.

Once it comes in and I have some time to play with it I will take some pictures.

Phred

/ Bison Rear Blades
Guys,

It turns out this is a great blade.
Very well made. Might just outlast me.

Phred

Attachments

• 5-158066-blade1.jpg
    5-158066-blade1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 705
   / Bison Rear Blades
Here is an up close shot.
One of the things I like about this blade is that It already is all set up for hydraluics. I just have to add the cylinders.

Phred

Attachments

• 5-158068-blade3.jpg
    5-158068-blade3.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 713
   / Bison Rear Blades #10  
Hi Fred...

It certainly looks to be an extremely hefty unit from your pictures... can you get a "front" shot of the A-frame...?

If you put a couple 3/8" side plates on that brute... it will become one big mean 9' box blade... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

The index plate looks about 1" thick... and everything is ready for a rear wheel, hydraulics all the way around... the moldboard looks very well designed with the enclosed gussets/support across the entire span, with end support as well for "ditching"...

Fred... I like it...! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Can you explain their number/model system...? 240/270/300 ? I checked their website, but don't quite understand the differences...

You have one mean blade there Fred... you'll break something on the tractor before that moldboard bends... /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG