Bitersweet Day.

/ Bitersweet Day. #1  

dusty3030

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010 Cab, Kioti RX7320 Powershuttle/ Cab, Kubota M7040 HDC, Kubota U35-4, John Deere 317G
For the last 9 years we have been to **** and back. You never got stuck and you never left me stranded. You had heart, and I wish you the best. Fair winds and following seas old friend.
View attachment 328236

New truck, we have no bond. We haven't been anywhere we shouldn't have been, doing something we shouldn't have been doing. You weren't the one there to take my kid fishing his first time. You don't know the secrets laughed about on the tailgate with cold beer and old friends. You have big shoes to fill, I pray my life will be as interesting in our days together as it was with the one that came before you.
View attachment 328237

/ Bitersweet Day. #3  
And I thought I was the only one...

Congratulations on the new one though!

/ Bitersweet Day. #4  
Fully understand the attachment, I just bought a new car and had to drive right by the nice new Tundras, but just can't let the old one go.

/ Bitersweet Day. #5  
Congrats on the upgrade. I am sure it will serve you well.

Chris

/ Bitersweet Day. #6  
Its strange, but I also feel some kind of strange attachment to my vehicles. Usually something happens to make them feel like they are mine. Usually a long weekend wrenching on it, swearing at it, spending $500 on parts, when its about 95 degrees out, then it feels like mine.

/ Bitersweet Day. #7  
Sounds like you have the heart of a poet. I enjoyed that.

/ Bitersweet Day. #8  
Just think...someone new will get the old truck and their cycle will begin anew. The beat goes on.

/ Bitersweet Day. #9  
The circle of life spins on. It will be alright. It just takes time.

/ Bitersweet Day. #10  
I never really get attached to any of my cars/trucks. I would rather get rid of them in 2/3 years and move on. Out of warranty...out of my driveway. Maybe if I had a Sunday driver that I built and toiled on, but not a daily driver.