BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #1  

LindenBruce

Gold Member
Tractor
Husky GT2654, Branson 4520TLB
Hello All,

Well, I was out working some dirt. I had just finished digging a hole and was ready to move on. Lifted the FEL. Then went to curl the FEL bucket back and nothing happened. Suddenly a curtain of oil rained down from behind the bucket. I broken hydraulic line. How frustrating. I've had this unit for like 14 months and just hit the century mark on the hour meter and another failure.

Drove around to the barn and pulled the cover off. And sure enough the steel line had burst. SMH. Sent an email to my dealer but being after hours I won't hear anything until tomorrow. Knowing my luck it will be a week before I see the part. And I have a lot of work to get done before the rains hit. Which could be anytime now.

I found two part numbers for the tube online in a PDF for the loader. One part is #WA00000172A and the other is #81103000032A. I searched for those and they only point back to the darn PDF of the loader break down. What use is a listed part number if it only points back to the source. And not to a business selling that item? Totally useless. Well, I guess I wait and see tomorrow. Frustrating. B.

Attachments

• BL200A.jpg
    BL200A.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 91
  • BL200B.jpg
    BL200B.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 81
  • BL200C.jpg
    BL200C.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 105
  • rsz_20210921_173013.jpg
    rsz_20210921_173013.jpg
    873.9 KB · Views: 108
  • rsz_20210921_173025.jpg
    rsz_20210921_173025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 115
  • rsz_20210921_173838.jpg
    rsz_20210921_173838.jpg
    578.9 KB · Views: 99
   / BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs
I know. I was using my backhoe to dig. The front bucket was flat on the ground while I was using the backhoe. B.

The FEL bucket was empty when I went to curl it back and the line blew. Hope that helps to clarify things. B.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #4  
That does seem like a highly unusual failure. It would seemingly take some incredibly high pressure to make that happen. More than the hydraulic system could produce. Or perhaps it was a manufacturing defect. But the split like the one pictured would appear to me to be more apt to be caused by over-pressurization. In any case, I'd look into the cause more.

If there is a local hydraulic shop they could probably, in short order, fabricate a hose that you could use temporarily until the OEM tube can be procured.

There is a hydraulic shop in Stockton. I will prolly try and drive in there tomorrow and see if they can fix me up something.

I had been using the FEL the day before, but no lifting material today. It's odd it blew the way it did. No load on the FEL bucket. Just went to curl it back and nothing by hydraulic rain. B.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #6  
Hopefully the shop will be able to make you a hose for a temporary fix.

I sure hope you're right about it raining soon! We could use it.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #7  
What abount a Swagelock or similar union? The swelled up section doesn't look so long that you can't cut it out...........Mike

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #8  
It sounds to me that you may have went too hard went digging, which puts a tremendous pressure on the rod side of the cylinder and causing the line to burst while digging. Then once you tried to curl the bucket back, the oil was gone and took a couple seconds to start gushing.

Keep in mind that tractors were never meant to have a loader and are not bulldozers. The loader is meant to lift stuff, mostly loose material actually and not digging hard material or anything like that.

I think you're better off going to an hydraulic shop and have they bend a new line or just get a compression fitting and cut the bad part off. Looks like the rest of the fittings on the hard lines are also compression fittings and not welded fittings, so that makes it easier. If you go to the hydraulic shop, take the fittings with you so they can know what they're working with. It will most likely be metric though.

Something like this:

hydraulic-straight-equal-tube-to-tube-couplings-type-g.jpg

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #9  
It sounds to me that you may have went too hard went digging, which puts a tremendous pressure on the rod side of the cylinder and causing the line to burst while digging. Then once you tried to curl the bucket back, the oil was gone and took a couple seconds to start gushing.

Keep in mind that tractors were never meant to have a loader and are not bulldozers. The loader is meant to lift stuff, mostly loose material actually and not digging hard material or anything like that.
Posts 2 and 3:
I know. I was using my backhoe to dig. The front bucket was flat on the ground while I was using the backhoe.

The FEL bucket was empty when I went to curl it back and the line blew. Hope that helps to clarify things.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #10  
Posts 2 and 3:
Well, my bad then. Should've payed more attention to those two posts.

Anyway, it's probably just a defect on the hard line.