BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #11  
I seriously doubt the fault lies with the operator. Bumper stickers have explained this well for many years IMO. In CA, land of all of the above , that should be easy to make from scratch as mentioned above.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs
Thanks for the responses guys. I talked to my dealer today. The backhoe and the FEL are out of warranty, but just barely. BUT, my dealer is going to cover the tube under a "good faith" warranty and get me the new part drop shipped with rush shipping from Branson. I will then return the damaged line to them to take the fight to Branson. A shout out to Dave's Tractor in Redding. Good guys. B.

P.S.
My dealer said those steel lines are rated at roughly four times the pressure rating of the hoses. They told me "if" there was a pressure spike high enough to blow that steel line, it should have blown a hose much sooner than the steel line. They feel strongly it was a defective line. B

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #14  
Thanks for the update. I've heard nothing but absolutely great things about Dave's Tractor on the forum and some Facebook groups and I'm like an entire continent away with an ocean in between.

Well, I tried to get a temporary hose made today to get me by. The problem the two places I went too, one of whom is a MAJOR hydraulic company, did not have the fittings they needed to make a hose. So I'm stuck on the hill waiting until the new tube arrives next week. Well, I guess it's fall house cleaning time. LOL. B.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #16  
I have to agree with you, looking over the post and what happened i would think that was strictly a defective line, and the dealer you talked to is right on the money if you had a pressure spike a hose or even the pump seal should have blown before that metal line, and with it being covered by the guard there's not really a feasible way for you the operator to damage it while using the FEL short of you just being reckless but its clear by the picture that is not the case as there isn't any other damage or extreme wear to the rest of the FEL from what is visible so i would call it a defective part if you have brought it here.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #17  
Any competent hydraulic shop or Parker dealer can bend up and fit a new hard line in a short time. What I'd do at least. Parts are extremely hard to get for any make today due to Covid and supply chain disruptions.

/ BL200 Broken steel line @104 hrs #18  
Hello All,

Well, I was out working some dirt. I had just finished digging a hole and was ready to move on. Lifted the FEL. Then went to curl the FEL bucket back and nothing happened. Suddenly a curtain of oil rained down from behind the bucket. I broken hydraulic line. How frustrating. I've had this unit for like 14 months and just hit the century mark on the hour meter and another failure.

Drove around to the barn and pulled the cover off. And sure enough the steel line had burst. SMH. Sent an email to my dealer but being after hours I won't hear anything until tomorrow. Knowing my luck it will be a week before I see the part. And I have a lot of work to get done before the rains hit. Which could be anytime now.

I found two part numbers for the tube online in a PDF for the loader. One part is #WA00000172A and the other is #81103000032A. I searched for those and they only point back to the darn PDF of the loader break down. What use is a listed part number if it only points back to the source. And not to a business selling that item? Totally useless. Well, I guess I wait and see tomorrow. Frustrating. B.

Almost looks like impact damage. Hard to tell from the picture, but to me it looks like that line is a little offset and a little flattened out. If something got under the guard and smashed that line, it would easily explain how a little crease could allow the metal to fail.

Well, the cover had it really well protected. The line is "bowed" because when it blew the pressure bent the tube. I did not find any impact damage on the cover, on the broken line, or any of the three other lines right there. If you want different angle pics I can do that tomorrow? B.

WELL JUMP'N JEHOVAH!!! I got home this afternoon from having my truck smogged (YES, it passed). And sitting at my door step was a small box and a big box. The small one had a new bucket pin for the backhoe. And the big one had a nice new steel line for the FEL!!! Boy, Daves Tractor must have flogged someone at the ware house to get that tube to me in such a short time.

Well, I got the tube installed and cover put back on. The bucket works like a charm now and no leaks, let alone a curtain of oil. YAY!! B.