Blew out another turf tire

/ Blew out another turf tire #31  
ow do I try to save the beet juice?
poly tube that fits over the valve stem and a barrel.
lift the tractor rotate the wheel so the valve is at it's l;owest rip out the valve stem apply the tube and fill the barrel. there will be some in the tire below the valve you could rip the valve out and use a poly tube and siphon it off

/ Blew out another turf tire #32  
My experience with GC R1(ag) tires. Knew from the start that there was too much scrap in the 150yr old farm I'm living in to cause punctures. Had the fronts filled foam filled at an industrial tire shop when new. Added about 40lbs ballast to the front. I do not drive on pavement, after 18 years, 900 hours, tire wear is still proportionate to the unfilled rears.
Foam filling the rears would have made the ride too hard on the back/kidneys, and really didn't require it, so no rim guard. I have found that if the tire pressure is too low (even liquid filled) that the rubber tire will spin on the rim if trying to use as a bulldozer. Breaks the bead and goes flat, or won't move at all. I would suspect the rear punctures are from trying to force the bucket into a pile of stone instead of scooping it off. I've had rear flats, but never from punctures. Bead brakes, weather checking and valve leakage.
If you stay with the turfs, keep an eye on the tire pressure, and possibly invest in chains for them if doing any wet dirt work.

/ Blew out another turf tire #33  
I have R1 Ag tires on three tractors, and I just sold my 2007 Case DX45 which was my second tractor with R4 Industrial tires.

I intensely dislike R4 Industrial tires because the sidewalls are so stiff/heavy they give the worst possible ride. They're designed for Skidsteers and Industrial Boom-Lifts. I think they make a compact tractor ride like a buckboard and the tread-pattern effect on MY land and lawn is/was not significantly different from R1 Ag Tires. I think they are a sales gimmick. "Looks cool/aggressive but saves your lawn..." I say not true.

I replaced the DX45 with a Yanmar YM347, which I ordered with... Turf Tires. I had Turfs on an old Ford 1710 years ago. That tractor was second-hand when I bought it, and abused by me on construction sites and in the woods. I've never popped a R3 turf tire. I've punctured R1s and I've rolled R4s right off front rims in a hard turn. The Yanmar assembly plant people (in Georgia) say R3 Turf Tires are getting increasingly popular in the past few years, especially in the Northeast US and Eastern Canada. I know, goes against intuition and common wisdom.

Just presenting an alternate opinion based on my use and experience.

/ Blew out another turf tire #34  
Of our tractors over the last 3 or 4 decades, three had R1 Ag tires, two had R3 turf tires, and two with R4 industrials. I can't recall any tire troubles. They all last a long time. It did surprise me to see that the industrial R4 wore down noticibly faster than the others, but are still probably my favorite all purpose tread.

Even on our small property there are areas where each tire is best. Conditions here are rocky and steep hills, and we have quite a bit of snow but no mud at all. one of the tires were fluid or foam filled so I can't comment on that. We run wheel weights or nothing. Most of the tires had a set of chains home-made to fit that particular tire for use in icy wintertime & hills. The industrials R4s can sometimes (barely) get by without chains in conditions where the Ags and Turfs absolutely have to have chains.

If I had to choose one type it would probably be the R4 industrials. I do wish they had a softer sidewall for a better ride.

/ Blew out another turf tire #35  
I have 80 acres here. About 25 of those acres are in two lakes or an extended moat. I need R-1's on my M6040 for the added traction. The R-1's - both front and rear - are 6 ply.

I'm in an area called the "Channeled Scablands". Quite a bit of exposed basaltic lava bedrock. It can be/is as sharp as razor blades. Can raise real hell with your tires - if your not careful.

I keep my tractor under cover - carport - when not in use. My tires were still in very good shape after 27 years - on my first tractor. I expect nothing less on the second - Kubota M6040.

IMG_0001.jpeg