Blown front axle swivel seal

/ Blown front axle swivel seal #1  

o2batsea

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45C 2005
Opened the barn door to find the floor covered in a big oil stain. Obviously originating from the DK45 since there weren't any Land Rovers in there at the time LOL. Anyway, investigation revealed that the oil seal on the front axle (passenger side?, OK right side) had failed and half the contents of the front axle housing were draining into the Chesapeake. Half a bucket of kitty litter and some choice words had the oil cleaned up and then a quick stop in the Main Kioti Parts Research Center of Dorchester County Maryland (the bedroom) to look up the repair procedure. Looks like the whole swivel thing is held in place by two good sized snap rings.
I hope that someone else on here has had the experience of disassembling the front swivels. If there is some time/labor saving thing I shouldn't miss, I'd be happy to hear of it before taking the thing apart. Many thanks.

/ Blown front axle swivel seal
Mr Kioti is out of seals at the distribution center so no love for the present. My plan is to pull the thing apart and see if I can't just pack the seal area with grease enough so that I can use the thing.

/ Blown front axle swivel seal #3  
Why not check with a bobcat dealer on parts for CT445, same tractor. Bobcat has their own parts distribution center and does not get parts out of Kioti's.

/ Blown front axle swivel seal
Got a call from Rathell. Parts are in