Bobcat 6500?

/ Bobcat 6500? #1  

JATO_RaT

Veteran Member
The Fabulous Foothills of Northern California
As a subscriber to Bobcats informational updates, a new top secret tractor is in the works. Just what is it? They only tease us on the top secret list but it sounds very interesting.

This from their website:
Design mandates for the 5600:

Power. Approximately 40 HP. Needs good pulling force and 4WD.
Attachments. High attachment performance, easy to change and positioned for best visibility.
Steering. Must be able to turn sharp, but be gentle on turf.
Cargo. Space to carry tools, supplies and bulky cargo.
Speed. Move between worksites quickly, without trailering.
Ergonomics. Easy to operate. Controls that everybody is familiar with.

Sounds very cool and will look forward to hearing from them. When I get the info, I'll pass it on as I am on the "Top Secret" list with Bobcat....

Rat.....

/ Bobcat 6500? #2  
   / Bobcat 6500?
h.r., I don't thats it. The Versahandler has actually been out for some time. The Bobcat 5600 is still being designed. From the email I received, my impression is that it is some kind of compact tractor. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but with the aquisition of EarthForce which is no longer around if I understand correctly, I think that Bobcat or perhaps more accurately Ingersol Rand is getting into everything possible. The competition in skidsteers is enourmous now that Caterpillar and especially Thomas are also building them. The Thomas skidsteer is absolutely incredible, its power is awesome. Anyway, if I get any information, I'll pass it along providing its unclassified and a normal pee on like me can have it. Its definitely got me wondering. Rat...

/ Bobcat 6500? #5  
Rat, you are correct, here is the investor info:IR Acquires Stock of Czech Manufacturer And U.S. Distributor of Compact Tractor Loader Backhoes
WOODCLIFF LAKE, NJ, July 3, 2001 -- Ingersoll-Rand Company (NYSE:IR), a leading diversified industrial firm, today announced that it has acquired the stock of Superstav, spol. s.r.o., a manufacturer of compact tractor loader backhoes based in Dobríš, Czech Republic, and the stock of Earth Force America, Inc., of Charleston, S.C., the United States distributor of Superstav products, which are marketed under the Earth Force brand. The businesses will become part of IR’s Bobcat unit, which manufactures compact equipment, including the world’s leading brand of skid-steer loaders. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

/ Bobcat 6500? #6  
Hans, don't you ever sleep? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

You often seem to find really good stuff on the internet. Thanks.

/ Bobcat 6500? #7  
Charlie & Dave,
good news ... one of my customers makes prototype models and for the toy and hobbyist industry he makes scaled down models. he offered to help us develop attachments but once they go into production he would like to share in the royalties.

what do you think!?!?!?!?!?!

/ Bobcat 6500? #10  
Re: Bobcat 5600?

I edited the Subject, so as long as people respond to this message, the boo-boo will be corrected from 6500 to 5600.