Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #42  
Just wondering if more information was available I contacted our local dealer which is owned by Bobcat of Dallas. The operation manager replied and here is that reply: "Thank you for being a customer and for your interest in the Bobcat product line. We are excited that Bobcat has recently announced the launch of a new line of Compact Tractors later this year. Feel free to check back in later this year and we can provide more details as we receive them.

Again, thank you for your interest,"

Seems information is slow in coming.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #43  
It appears they're back. I saw this on FB today. A dealer said this is actually a CK3510SE with Bobcat's paint scheme.

2a91md0.jpg

Oh. Looks good

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #44  
When bobcat stopped selling tractors last time, we talked to our dealer about why because we use a few bobcat skid steers and thought it would be nice to have a tractor from the same dealership. He said basically they werent properly prepared to sell or service them. He said they didnt have the general knowledge of the tractor market that their buyers expect because they just didnt have the experience. He admitted that most people walking through the door to look at tractors knew more about them than he did. Possibly, they figured out they didnt prepare the dealers well enough before and are taking another shot at it.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #45  
I’m not sure of the exact dates, but I do think that bobcat got out of the tractor business just before the industry went to tier 4 final emission standards.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #46  
I’m not sure of the exact dates, but I do think that bobcat got out of the tractor business just before the industry went to tier 4 final emission standards.

If they utilize the same engine technology that they do in their excavators (no DPF) and not just a Kioti rebadge, I would be interested. My Bobcat dealer is very good.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #47  
When bobcat stopped selling tractors last time, we talked to our dealer about why because we use a few bobcat skid steers and thought it would be nice to have a tractor from the same dealership. He said basically they werent properly prepared to sell or service them. He said they didnt have the general knowledge of the tractor market that their buyers expect because they just didnt have the experience. He admitted that most people walking through the door to look at tractors knew more about them than he did. Possibly, they figured out they didnt prepare the dealers well enough before and are taking another shot at it.
I think that dealer was blowing sunshine up your 6. :shocked: It is the dealers responsibility to see that there sales and service staff are trained. :thumbsup:

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #48  
I think that dealer was blowing sunshine up your 6. :shocked: It is the dealers responsibility to see that there sales and service staff are trained. :thumbsup:

Sure, isnt blowing sunshine what dealers do? but telling a bunch of guys that only know skid steers that they need to become experts on tractors is easy to ask for but pretty hard to accomplish. Not to mention they dont just need to know kioti, but they realistically need to know quite a bit about every other brand. They also need to have a fair idea how to operate them and they need to have a whole lot of knowledge of several dozen new implements. Its kinda like telling a dentist that they need to also be a pharmacist tomorrow. Its not going to happen without a whole lot of time, research and experience.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #49  
... telling a bunch of guys that only know skid steers that they need to become experts on tractors is easy to ask for but pretty hard to accomplish.

I would think skidsteer/,mini-excavator/telehandler dealerships would be perfect for introducing CUTs. They are already familiar with diesel engines and hydraulics, and working in cramped spaces. Transmissions and PTOs would be a bit different, not so different from their other mechanical activities. That said, I don't see anything on Bobcats's website indicating that they are bringing CUTs back.

/ Bobcat Tractors coming back in 2019 #50  
I would think skidsteer/,mini-excavator/telehandler dealerships would be perfect for introducing CUTs. They are already familiar with diesel engines and hydraulics, and working in cramped spaces. Transmissions and PTOs would be a bit different, not so different from their other mechanical activities. That said, I don't see anything on Bobcats's website indicating that they are bringing CUTs back.

Not on the Website but see post #42. That is good enough confirmation for me to believe.