BOLO - Stolen tractor

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #11  
Around here owning tractors is closely associated with owning firearms. I use my tractor often and wouldn't think twice about using my firearms to protect my tractor and other belongings. I hate a theif. Don't mess with my family, dogs and stuff. In that order. If you do, you will be shot. Theives know that's the general feeling of farmers around here.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #12  
maybe not so great. . . wouldn't replacement value be a better choice?
Yea, that's not very good insurance. That's way too subjective on the insurance companies part. Mine is what ever it costs them to put me a new one in it's place.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #13  
Theives know that's the general feeling of farmers around here.
The whole state here. To wit, the recent mag-dump at armed robber in a Houston cafe. Turns out he had a plastic gun. Oh well.

Last edited:
   / BOLO - Stolen tractor #14  
Happens around here. Local new Holland dealer had some stolen a few years back during fair week, when fewer employees around. Even Messicks near me had SVL stolen but it was recovered as thieves used a stolen under rated trailer that broke on them.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #15  
Around here owning tractors is closely associated with owning firearms. I use my tractor often and wouldn't think twice about using my firearms to protect my tractor and other belongings. I hate a theif. Don't mess with my family, dogs and stuff. In that order. If you do, you will be shot. Theives know that's the general feeling of farmers around here.
Here that would be a good way to go to jail. You cannot shoot people for stealing things. You would have to make a case that you feared for your life. Only way you get to shoot someone, even though a lot of people say they would, they would also go to jail.

Now, I would go out to check on things with Gun in hand and if I needed to protect myself, say they came at me and I couldn't get away, then it is self defense ;)

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #16  
So let me understand. You get a gun, that I assume is loaded, go out to confront someone stealing your stuff and just let them walk with your property without using said weapon to stop them? That's not how it works here. By the way, I never said anything about getting caught and going to prison.

/ BOLO - Stolen tractor #17  
   / BOLO - Stolen tractor #18  
   / BOLO - Stolen tractor #20  
So let me understand. You get a gun, that I assume is loaded, go out to confront someone stealing your stuff and just let them walk with your property without using said weapon to stop them? That's not how it works here. By the way, I never said anything about getting caught and going to prison.
I've heard the saying "Dead men tell no tales" and "A man worth shooting once, is worth shooting twice".

If you have to pull the trigger make sure you are the only one to tell the story.