Bomb Cyclone!!!

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #91  
For sure scootr. Many to the East have already seen record breaking cold, wind and snow. I got off relatively easy.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #92  
37F. The ice on the roads is working much better now that there's a layer of water on it. My son lives close to Seattle and with the hills, makes driving a big fail.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!!
7 degrees
Wind still at 19
Wind chill -12
90% humidity

Wind gusts ate the rest of the 50' Christmas tree lights.

Not gonna be repaired before Christmas

Bummed. :(

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #94  
I was at the U of W( 1960-65 ) one winter when it snowed and it stuck. What a holy nightmare. Everything that moved - would slip and slide.

It's now up to a balmy +16F here.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #95  
It just creeped above zero here in Ithaca.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #96  
Was +5 F this morning @0500
Currently +10 F, 20 MPH wind, feels like -9 degrees @1058
Just came in from plowing and having coffee. Glad my tractor has a cab.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #97  
Was +5 F this morning @0500
Currently +10 F, 20 MPH wind, feels like -9 degrees @1058
Just came in from plowing and having coffee. Glad my tractor has a cab.
Nothing to plow here, storm was all rain (and wind!). A little dusting of snow when the temperature dropped, maybe 1". Was 5° when I got up this morning, it's 9 now. Historically, the last week in Dec. has been quite cold, I remember some really brutal new years eves. Glad the wind died down.
Before I went to bed last night made sure to open/close all the car doors so they didn't freeze shut.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #98  
If it got really tough - electricity failure - I have a portable generator. Set it out on the porch and run a couple space heaters.

However - 40 years of experience here shows that our electric co-op is magnificent. They have, historically, responded within eight hours to all types of outages. I put my trust in them.
I have a good coop, also. When I built here years ago I thought that the power would always be out. Every fall I would change gas in the generator and run it for a while... then shut the fuel off and let it run itself dry. The following fall I would dig the generator back out and go through the process again. One year I pulled the recoill rope out and never bothered to fix it. A few years ago I brought my father's old Lincoln WeldanPower home... last week was the first time in 19 years that my power was out for more than a few hours.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #99  
Cold here but hardly any snow. No power issues at all. In fact, the 30KW diesel genset has not even fired up.

/ Bomb Cyclone!!! #100  
We got down to 10* with a wind chill of -5*, for my area that is unreasonably cold. Temps are moderating, but I did have a problem with water. I have a heater in the well house to keep the pipes, filters, pressure tank from freezing. It froze anyway. The thermometers I have in the pump house all said 40* so it should not have frozen. Appears I need to move the heater closer to the pipes. That means I'll probably have to replace the sub-panel so I can get another circuit in it. The pump house has been on my list to work on for awhile, it's just moved up in priority.