Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower #21  
As to dealer, is Iowa Farm their only one? Never heard much at all about them. Which often means they do a good job.

So far as I know they are the only one in the US. The same company used to have a web store under a different name, but I can't find any sign of that now. If you find them making an offer on the web be sure to call before you buy. I found they quoted a better price on the phone than on their website. Also, they threw in the hose extensions and connectors I needed to hook up to my FEL outlet, which was worth some buck not to mention the hassle to find them.

They were fine by me. But at least one other person have had problems dealing with them.

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower
Thanks for all the info. I have been in sales for near forty years. The best of any company have someone who hates them. No one ever wants to admit they bought something that does not suit their needs or more than they can handle or what ever. At same time the best makes mistakes.

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower #23  
View attachment 625103

I have this PERFECT brand flail/hammer style mower. Not much harder to put on than my regular 917 Ford Flail Mowers. Goes up a bit but no good for doing trees.
I'm considering a boom flail mower for mowing my lake dam and trimming trees. Why is yours "no good for doing trees?" Does a flail type mower just not cut the outlying branches very well, or is it because you can't lift that one high enough?

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower #24  
I'm considering a boom flail mower for mowing my lake dam and trimming trees. Why is yours "no good for doing trees?" Does a flail type mower just not cut the outlying branches very well, or is it because you can't lift that one high enough?

If you want to use a boom mounted flail mower for your lake dam and tree work look at either the Del Morino or Phoenix(SICMA) boom mounted flail mowers.
They have a large dealer network here in the United States. They are made in Italy, and conform to the exacting EU safety and operating standards for farm machinery.

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower #25  
KT, I just bought a Maschio offset flail from my JD dealer. I know they are a dealer of Maschio and may very well be for Peruzzo. They are in Scranton, SC. Sparrow Kennedy.

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower #26  
I neglected to add the Maschio Boom mounted Flail Mower earlier; It is also an excellent Italian made flail mower.

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower #27  
is a boom flail mower useful for trimming trees on side by side trails?

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower #28  
Yes, you can use a boom mounted flail mower in the vertical position by raising
the three point hitch to its maximum height and swing the mower to the right
and then activate the rear PTO and mow the brush and trees back.

/ Boom Mower compared to Offset Mower
This was not asked of me but the reason is there is no real height to it. If the mower head is say 5 feet wide or even 7 foot which is huge, when you rotate it vertical you only have the vertical reach of the mower's width and how much the tractor lift will raise it. I such a design mower on a Kubota L6060 with a cab and it does not reach as high vertical as the top of my cab. For cutting to your side flat ground or slopes up or down it works very good. Also the side reach is basically on mine any way is about the width again of the cutter head past the rear wheel. Price totally different than a true boom mower. Also a lighter tractor can handle better than a boom mower as the mower head which is heavy can not extend so far to side or vertical giving a lot of leverage to it to tip or make tractor stability touchy.