Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Another option might be to switch the braces so that they are above instead of below the boom, placing them in tension where they will do much better.
)</font>

Exactly what I thought when i first saw it. Angle iron does not compress well - or should I say, will compress far too easily. It would handle a lot more whith a stretch on it. Otherwise a neat looking project. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Are you confusing this with the boom on a PHD? )</font>

I guess my experience with boom poles is not too extensive, but I recall the thread Boom pole geometry . In this thread there was a link to a Boom Pole Plan that did not utilize a top link. This gives active motion of the boom based on the same principle as a PHD. That plan is what I've based my earlier comments in this thread.

Bowing to general consensus, I'll probably change out the angle iron to pipe.

Thanks for the advice and comments.

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #23  
Another option to this is to buy a 3pt adapter to go on your QA. You can then run any 3pt implement on your loader.

Around $450 or so depending on the amount steel has gone up. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I think the last we bought for stock...(a few months ago) was $400.

Of course building the stuff is 1/2 OK maybe 3/4 of the fun.

KO

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #24  
<font color="blue"> </font> Another option to this is to buy a 3pt adapter to go on your QA. You can then run any 3pt implement on your loader
<font color="black"> </font> Any pics on the QA Setup for the Front Loader, I'm looking at building one so that I can use my rear blade for snow removal on the FEL & also a landscape rake either on the rear or the front. Can you help with info/pics ???

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #25  
My boom pole looks like this one, posted by Chim. Note the driveway fixer Chim shared with us. It works! photo of Chim's driveway fixer and a boom pole.

It is hard to see, but the strap thing along the top makes it much harder to bend.

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #26  
Now THAT would come in handy around here! Any chance you got an extra set of plans laying around?
Thanks
Galen

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #27  
GoodGuy
Here is a thread where I modified a
Speeco Quick Hitch to fit my B2910.
I believe someone on TBN has modified the plate Chris used to hook up 3PH. I have seen 3PH attachments used on Bobcat Skid-Steers.

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #28  
When I first made my forklift forks they were for a 3pt hookup. Unaware of how great a Speeco is, I did not own one yet. Did not make the forks fit the 3pt quick hitch standard.

Then I got a FEL with bobtatch type QD. Redid the forks to fit bobtatch, and cut off the 3pt tabs.

Last I got wiser and welded the 3pt tabs back on, making sure they fit the Speeco. Now the forks fit on the Speeco or the FEL.

Someday I'll get another Speeco and fit it with a bobtatch plate so the 3pt stuff like the boom pole can ft on the FEL.

God, Thank you for Miller MIG welders!

/ Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #29  
Here's a better shot of thr boom pole and driveway fixer. It was fabbed with a couple pieces of I beam left over on a project I was working on. You can see the 1/2" allthreads that hold the beams together. The chains hook low or high to the beams making the rig either less or more aggresive. The chains have grab hooks on them to make it easy to cast the material to either side or pull it straight ahead.

The boom pole is made from a piece of schedule 40 steel pipe I bent to look similar to a boom pole I saw in a Central Tractor sale flyer.

The whole rig was put together from stuff I scrounged, with the exception of a cheapie drawbar, so the dimensions were kinda determined by the available material. It seemed like the easiest way to fit it to the 3PH was to start with the drawbar and fab the boom pole so it bolts to the drawbar. If you want some measurements I could jot them down.................chim

Attachments

• 512441-Boom PoleP6030004.JPG
    512441-Boom PoleP6030004.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 791
   / Boom Pole for QuikTach and Three Point Hitch #30  
Here are some other ideas to consider when making a boom pole. The original boom pole cost about $80 new.

1. A 2" reciever is welded between the lower pins so a railer can be towed.

2. A chain hook in the middle can be used for lifting heavier loads.

3. The end plate with chain has a chain hook, holes for shackels, and a captive 4' piece of chain that can't fall off and get lost.. The keyhole shaped cutout for the chain lets you easily take up chain slack. Chain has one grab hook and one slip hook.

4. A 2" reciever welded to the top and end of pole is used for a 5' stinger. This gives a longer and much higher reach at a lower capacity of about 500 pounds.

5. Boom pole is modified for a Speeco. It justs sets in place. Very fast to install.

6. When used with a hydraulic top link I can touch the ground with the tip and lift to about 5' high (without using the stinger).

Attachments

• 515163-BOOM POLE.jpg
    515163-BOOM POLE.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 665