Boots

/ Boots
I have some pain in one foot that I suspect is STS or Sinus Tarsa Syndrome. I am planning to have it checked out by a doctor to see what can be done

/ Boots #12  
There has been several discussions here about boots and what are the best boots to buy. Most of the boots recommended do not necessarily fit your foot in the best way but is a way of selling boots with a fit that hopefully can sell them.
One aspect that is not talked about much is the arch under your foot. Having the arch in the sole fit your foot makes for a much more comfortable boot and will distribute the weight evenly under the foot. In my case the arch on the Nick boots fits perfectly resulting in comfortable boots after a long day of walking and standing. Check the below link if you are interested in learning more.
Do I need high arch boots? - Nicks Boots - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com › watch
White’s boots are custom made for your feet and has the arch ease sole design. Every pair of whites I own fit perfectly and I never get sore feet. They last me 15 years with one resoling every 5 years. They aren’t cheap but considering how long they last and how good they feel, they are worth every penny. I order direct from the company in Spokane.

/ Boots #13  
And I feel lucky I got over a rather severe case in 5 months, most of it on crutches.
I was advised to not rely on footgear with fixed arch support, rather get footgear that you can easily put inserts in. And the good inserts cost almost as much as a 6" boot.
I am lucky. My podiatrist was a friend before he was my Dr. In many cases, you can get the same relief from over-the-counter inserts. The price difference is huge. Every situation is different.

Good advice you got on removable inserts. Some orthotics will not fit otherwise.

/ Boots #14  
I am lucky. My podiatrist was a friend before he was my Dr. In many cases, you can get the same relief from over-the-counter inserts. The price difference is huge. Every situation is different.

Good advice you got on removable inserts. Some orthotics will not fit otherwise.
I bought those inserts from a seller on Ebay. I was shipped two boxes with foam. I inserted one foot in one and the other foot in the other box to make a mold. Within a few weeks and a lot less expensive I got inserts that I wore for about a month and then periodically thereafter. That's been 10 yrs and I still don't have plantar fasciitis.

/ Boots #15  
I bought those inserts from a seller on Ebay. I was shipped two boxes with foam. I inserted one foot in one and the other foot in the other box to make a mold. Within a few weeks and a lot less expensive I got inserts that I wore for about a month and then periodically thereafter. That's been 10 yrs and I still don't have plantar fasciitis.
I have plantar fasciitis. Over ten years ago, it was so bad that I was getting cortisone shots in my feet. I tried all of the soft drugstore arch supports with no relief. Then I bough those hard insoles from a local foot store and haven’t had a problem since. But if I walk without them I can feel that the problem will return. Around the house I’ve found that the Birkenstock sandals have enough arch support, so I wear them in the house. Otherwise I wear the inserts in all of my shoes except my White’s boots. The Whites have built in arch support that works well for me. I just wish that the other arch supports didn’t cost $225 a pair because I need to replace them every few years.

/ Boots
Saw the doctor yesterday. Apparently my pains around the foot is caused by the muscles involved in the natural rocking of the foot when walking. They are stiff and don't allow full movement causing some discomfort. A mold was made of the foot to make an insert under the foot to limit the rocking of the foot and to give the muscles the rest they need to heal.
I have two Redwings, and one Nick's and one Muck's that I use interchangeable. They all fit perfectly and are comfortable. The Nick boots are 10 inch shaft and heavy but they give great support. The redwings are lighter and comfortable but don't give as much ankle protection.

/ Boots #17  
Saw the doctor yesterday. Apparently my pains around the foot is caused by the muscles involved in the natural rocking of the foot when walking. They are stiff and don't allow full movement causing some discomfort. A mold was made of the foot to make an insert under the foot to limit the rocking of the foot and to give the muscles the rest they need to heal.
I have two Redwings, and one Nick's and one Muck's that I use interchangeable. They all fit perfectly and are comfortable. The Nick boots are 10 inch shaft and heavy but they give great support. The redwings are lighter and comfortable but don't give as much ankle protection.
Stretch at least every morning. If your doctor did not give you stretching exercises to do, get a 2nd opinion. The inserts will help relieve the pain, but they will not fix the problem.

/ Boots
Stretch at least every morning. If your doctor did not give you stretching exercises to do, get a 2nd opinion. The inserts will help relieve the pain, but they will not fix the problem.
Very good point. Thanks. I will start to do some stretching exercises

/ Boots #19  
I got my Whites custom built in Spokane. Waited four weeks - fit like a fine leather glove. They are heavy but I can wear them all day/every day - feet never get tired or hurt.

/ Boots #20  
I got my Whites custom built in Spokane. Waited four weeks - fit like a fine leather glove. They are heavy but I can wear them all day/every day - feet never get tired or hurt.
I have been wearing them for my entire forestry career (41 years). I order by mail, sending them my measurements. One time when I was in Spokane, I stopped in and was measured at the factory for a pair that I ordered. They keep my measurements on file, but I still remeasure when I order new boots because I do this so seldom that I wonder if my feet change over time.