/ Bora spacer mounting bolt thread #1  

Ishkatan

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 8N
If you order spacers for the rear wheels of an RK37HC double check your bolt thread pattern. I just got 6" Bora spacers and they came with 16x1.5 bolts with sloped heads. (Those have to go inside the spacers and attach to the wheel hub.) My RK37HC has 16x2.0 bolts with flat heads so those won't fit the tapped holes in the spacers. Motorsports-tech is responsive and will send me replacement spacers. They said that in the past the RK37 tractors took the 16x1.5 bolts.

So if you are buying spacers check your bolt thread measurement - fine or coarse.

/ Bora spacer mounting bolt thread
I LOVE how much more stable the tractor feels. I'm starting to bush hog across the hill, which reduces the strain on the engine. Still wary of the few places where the slope approaches 20 degrees. My issue now is that the seat is tilted.

Motorsports-tech was very good about replacing the 6" spacers - covered the return shipping and sent new ones when they said they would, despite the COVID-19 and winter shipping problems. They communicated what they were dealing with and gave good time estimates. They double checked the specs on my tractor as well. Even though I told them it needed a thread in mm they got the correct thread count in US measure (tiny difference but.... ), and all the bolts fit perfectly.

I am trying to decide if front spacers would help - after all, the front axle is on a pivot so they would not do much until the rear wheel is lifting... which, with filled rears and keeping the loader and mower low, has not happened. :)

20220212_163833-Bora Spacers RE.jpg
20220212_163904 Bora Spacers RE.jpg
20220213_162506 Bora Spacers RE.jpg

/ Bora spacer mounting bolt thread #3  
Found your thread looking for information on spacers; nice to see you're happy with Bora as they're one of the brands I'm considering, customer service is important. Question, do you only have a spacer on your left side? If so, why is that?

/ Bora spacer mounting bolt thread #4  
Looks like a single offset to aid in traversing slope.

/ Bora spacer mounting bolt thread #5  
I put them on front and back on my RK19, if you looked at it wrong it would try and flip. Now it doesn't, and my heart stays out of my throat. Loading the tires helps to. Now about doing the front on the 19 it does cut the turning radius down, so take that into account when buying, hope that helps.