Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today!

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #11  
dweitzel said:
Thanks all. JTkub, that sure "looks" like the CC filter. I'll explore the specs a little more and see if it checks out. I did look up the price on the CC web site and I think I saw it as around $138, still way too high.

I should only need to change this every 2 years or so. They recommend a filter/oil change at around 200 hours.

I'll do my best to "find" this filter. The manhindra dealer is a good start. I'll check that out also.

Thanks. Just mostly venting. There is no reason that replacement parts and filters should cause you to spend more than the cost of the machine.

Dw

My son runs a Bumper to Bumper store and out of curiosity I had him check that Wix number.

$135 Retail
$74 Dealer
$59 Jobber

I bet anyone that sells Wix would let you have it for under $100, probably closer to the dealer price. And at least with Wix you know what you're getting. Who make the Mahindra filters anyway?

Cub certainly makes it expensive to maintain their equipment if you buy everything from them...

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #12  
Man, I know how you feel. We were working in a swampy area this weekend and I had a log flip up off the tires and hit the Hydraulic Filter under the foot plate on my 7360ss. It didn't just break the filter off, it broke the threads off the base filter too, which is cast aluminum. I called the local dealer and they wanted $180.00 for the base filter and $145.00 for the filter. Holly cow!! I about died!! So, I'm in the middle of trying to figure out the cheapest way to fixed, but I don't want to jeopordize ruining the machine either. Any suggestions are greatly appreciatted!

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today!
Jsharp, do you have any part numbers crossing the filter to Wix? I originally posted the thread, and at that time I could not cross reference the Cub filters. Any help would be appreciated or a link to a site I can look up my own part numbers.

Dave

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #14  
Cub has little say-so in the pricing. Mitsubishi parts have always been high in our experience. Cub puts a little mark up on it from Mitsubishi, but mitsubishi is who's really driving the cost up initially. Don't lose your faith in Cub products!

PS - Go Gators !

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #15  
I priced a filter for my 7234 this morning, MA-19642509000 at Whites Farm Supply in NY and he crossed it to a Kubota PN# HHTA0-37710 for $43.23. Not cheap but better than the CC price. The Air Filter I used a couple of years back was also a Kubota filter, much cheaper. I'm having sticker shock though for the HyTran....$80+ a five gallon bucket. When I bought it in 2004 it was $36 a bucket!

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #16  
A little late and I am not sure of your filter vs the CCY 2450 BUT...
I got everything for my 50 hr fluid chg for $99... That included engine filter and oil, hydraulic filter and oil amd gas filter.

Can not understand where the big money for your filter comes from.

On another note, did anyone find a cross ref site for the CC filters... ?

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #17  
That's just about what Porsche charges for an oil change, but for $300. bucks they actually change it.

/ Bought a $146.91 hydraulic filter today! #20  
Yep, that's right. The hydraulic filter was $146.91 and 12 quarts of oil were $148.50. Grand total with tax for a fluid change at 230 hours $313.59.

How in the world can Mitsubitshi and Cub even look customers in the face and charge $146.91 for a FILTER?

Anyone had any luck crossing this filter to another manufacturer?

Part number MA-10312518000

This is for a Cub Cadet 7360ss, 1999 year

Dw
I have a 7360ss and am dealing with this same issue and finding filters for over 220$

I continually look for cross reference. I am going to go by thread and port size next.