Comparison Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #41  
I'm 76 so I also enjoy the comfort. Hey please tell me about this possible upgrade to higher HP. THX

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #42  
I bought a Massey 4707 and it has been nothing but a lemon. I live in Montana. In July of 2019 I bought the tractor in Oklahoma because they were the only dealer that had the FL3615 Loader in stock at the time. The tractor was delivered in mid-September 2019 with the 3 point hitch out of calibration and the fender controls inoperative. Also, there was a severe draw on the battery. I reached out to the dealer and we began troubleshooting the 3 point problems. They pretended to not know what I was talking about. We went through diagnosis over video phone. I was unable to fix it. After many delays we got (they paid) the tractor to Dealer at the end of January where it has sat ever since.

Recently, I did learn that the dealer was having problems with the 3 point hitch when it was in new stock in Oklahoma as well has having battery issues- prior to my possession. I was not exactly happy to learn this.

After 3 weeks I involved AGCO corporate. At 4 weeks I request a loaner, as the dealer was still waiting on wiring diagrams. At 5 weeks the cab has to come off and they are going to start chasing wires and I'm still waiting on a loaner. I'm not impressed at all. Almost $55,000 and I can't do a thing with it.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #43  
now that is a bad experience and seems like dealer is mostly at fault. I have noticed some wonky three point action at times, just doesn't move. I'll go outside and push the remote buttons, and then it gets its brain back. Adjustment knob on inside cab pillar doesn't seem to work intuitively, could just be me. That plus ratchety steering have been my only problems. Biggest problem is small dealer doesn't have adequately trained staff to fix problems. Mine is always a joy to run,
yeah but no three point will ruin your day. Good luck. I also had a dead battery one day, which after recharging worked perfectly.
I think I left some lights on and didn't realize it.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #44  
The tractor pulls a disk like a dream and the cab is comfortable and quiet. But I'm not impressed with the QC coming out of the factory. There was some minor stuff like the loader control coming apart, a window seal, climate control falling out of recesses. When it arrived it hardly started. When I put it on the charger the battery terminals looked like they had come off and on like an old farm truck. When I initially raised the mower the adjustment knob was on full draft control. When I selected position control on the knob the 3 point with the mower hopped and slammed up and down wildly. I obtained records that prior to delivery they attempted to fix the 3 point calibration and had a dead battery that would not hold a charge- they did this under warranty and in my name but before I accepted the tractor. By the looks of the terminals it looked like the battery issue was long going. They had to have known. Overall I feel like they had a crap tractor and dumped it on a guy far away. I am hopeful that Massey will make things right. The point of my post is not to bash Massey or Agco, but after reading all these rave reviews I thought that I didn't have anything to worry about. Don't let your guard down when selecting a 4707.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #45  
It is still in the shop. Almost 8 weeks now. Requester a loaner and nobody gives a ****.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #47  
They had to have known. Overall I feel like they had a crap tractor and dumped it on a guy far away. I am hopeful that Massey will make things right. The point of my post is not to bash Massey or Agco, but after reading all these rave reviews I thought that I didn't have anything to worry about. Don't let your guard down when selecting a 4707.

I feel for you and you hit the nail on the head when you said that they dumped it on a person far away, they knew you weren't going back for anything, do get corporate involved they have more at stake than that dealer.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #48  
Why buy a new Massey when you just end up using a 1969 JD 3020 anyways?

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #49  
AGCO has hopefully worked with another dealer to fix the tractor. They are assuring me that it is fixed and I will hopefully have it back in the next few days. I sure wished that I lived closer to the dealer that fixed it!

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #50  
I've been tractor shopping for several months looking at Kubota m7060, New Holland t4.75, Massey Ferguson 4607, and the 4707. There's not a lot of personal experience posted for the Masseys, so I took a leap of faith based on the technical specifications, a test drive, and good experience with the dealer. If anyone has questions about the tractor let me know. I have a Kubota m6040, and a smaller mx to compare to.
Now that it appears they are dropping the 4707 and only going to have a 4607, what were the differences betweent he two that led you to go with the 4707? Was it just comfort? I know the 4707 cab is a lot wider with mroe room.