Comparison Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything
Hello. I have a new 4707 and love it. The turning radius is very good, but you have to set the stop bolts. A question for you...since you now have some hours on yours, is the power getting better since its broke in?

I turned the stop bolts in too, but it's still a much worse turning radius than my Kubota 6040. I believe a big reason for this is the radial tires, which are very wide. The power curve hasn't changed, still need to be above 1200 to make the magic happen. Glad you're happy with your turning radius, I use mine in a vineyard so there is a lot of sharp turning required. Outside of that role, it is fine.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #22  
I turned the stop bolts in too, but it's still a much worse turning radius than my Kubota 6040. I believe a big reason for this is the radial tires, which are very wide. The power curve hasn't changed, still need to be above 1200 to make the magic happen. Glad you're happy with your turning radius, I use mine in a vineyard so there is a lot of sharp turning required. Outside of that role, it is fine.
It is certainly not as agile as a M6060. It is a much bigger and heavier machine with a 20 inch longer wheelbase. I spoke to me dealer about having it tuned to 90 hp, and they referred me to Ekotuning. Cost would be $1850, so not to bad. It will also not harm the engine. I will likely do the tuning this summer.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything
It is certainly not as agile as a M6060. It is a much bigger and heavier machine with a 20 inch longer wheelbase. I spoke to me dealer about having it tuned to 90 hp, and they referred me to Ekotuning. Cost would be $1850, so not to bad. It will also not harm the engine. I will likely do the tuning this summer.

Good to know! My brother and I have been debating whether the differences in 4707-4710 horsepower was software or hardware, since they all have the same engine. Curious if that affects the low-end power noticeably, that's the only place that bugs me. If you get it post back with results.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #24  
Good to know! My brother and I have been debating whether the differences in 4707-4710 horsepower was software or hardware, since they all have the same engine. Curious if that affects the low-end power noticeably, that's the only place that bugs me. If you get it post back with results.
I spoke to them, it wakes the tractor up significantly, allows turbo to spool quickly, and all without the need for DEF fluid that the 4708-4710 have.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #25  
On YouTube If you search DLH farms they have a video where he installs an ekotune in a tractor and tests it going up a hill. He also has a bunch of great videos on his 4710. In one he puts on new aftermarket leds on the rear of it and what a big difference. I know most of you that are researching the 4707 have stumbled on this but just in case.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #26  
On YouTube If you search DLH farms they have a video where he installs an ekotune in a tractor and tests it going up a hill. He also has a bunch of great videos on his 4710. In one he puts on new aftermarket leds on the rear of it and what a big difference. I know most of you that are researching the 4707 have stumbled on this but just in case.
I replaced all 6 floodlights on my 4707 with LED...it lights up now!!

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #27  
If you did not use the same ovals then pictures and models would be great if you can. Thanks.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #28  
If you did not use the same ovals then pictures and models would be great if you can. Thanks.
Here ya go.

Off-Road LED Work Light/LED Driving Light - 6" Rectangular - 24W - 1,8 Lumens - Horizontal or Vertical Mount | Super Bright LEDs 20190222_092933.jpeg20190222_092913.jpeg

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #29  
Wow great price and bigger. I saw on another thread someone replaced the bulbs in the headlights in the hood with LEDs on a 1700 series also, don’t know that you would need it with your lights. I see you got the bucket hooks too. Looks great.

/ Bought a Massey 4707, Ask Me Anything #30  
Wow great price and bigger. I saw on another thread someone replaced the bulbs in the headlights in the hood with LEDs on a 1700 series also, don’t know that you would need it with your lights. I see you got the bucket hooks too. Looks great.
Thanks. I did replace the headlight bulbs with LED as well. Light Color all matches now. Like daylight. They also have a lifetime guarantee.

Last edited: