Bought a new Farmi winch

/ Bought a new Farmi winch #21  
I picked up a Farmi PT410 last fall, just now getting to use it. It was in good shape mechanically, just looked rough. Repainted, replaced the clutch and brake ropes(different size and color works great).
You got a great deal on your older model, mine is maybe a 1984 model, paid about 3K and was glad to find it. I'm like you and trying to log on steep slopes. One word of caution, don't try to winch a single log downhill. It will roll in bad places and your winch and tractor cannot stop it. Two or more logs together seem to be ok.

Attachments

• 8BRWuyTeR9+bT3vj%Dl2Lg.jpg
    8BRWuyTeR9+bT3vj%Dl2Lg.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 57
  • IPop32OtTtiLsX8lfFrFDA.jpg
    IPop32OtTtiLsX8lfFrFDA.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 58
   / Bought a new Farmi winch #22  
Did you have to repair or replace the leather clutch face? That is the only thing wrong with mine, it slips. And I can't figure out how to fix it.

Bill
There are adjustments for that.

Have you had it apart? On my first winch the leather (?) had come unriveted from the clutch disk. I put it back together using some brass bolts I had on hand, and never had another problem. I did also take the drum to a machine shop and had the flywheel surface turned.

/ Bought a new Farmi winch #23  
Gene, I don’t have the part numbers anymore. But what I can tell you is that the bearings for for the bottom drive sprocket (the one you connect to your PTO) are standard bearings. I got those from my local bearing supply house. Just take down the numbers on them and you can get them off the shelf. As far as the bearings for the top large sprocket they are a special split bushing and I got them from Farmi from this place Home
I called them and he had those special bushings in stock and a few other odds and ends that I needed that are exclusive to Farmi. I hope that helps. The chain and other stuff is all standard and I got it from Supply House. Let me know if you have any questions. You’ll really like your winch when you get it back in service. Send some pictures!!!

Andy
Thanks and will when I get it done

/ Bought a new Farmi winch #25  
Gene, I don’t have the part numbers anymore. But what I can tell you is that the bearings for for the bottom drive sprocket (the one you connect to your PTO) are standard bearings. I got those from my local bearing supply house. Just take down the numbers on them and you can get them off the shelf. As far as the bearings for the top large sprocket they are a special split bushing and I got them from Farmi from this place Home
I called them and he had those special bushings in stock and a few other odds and ends that I needed that are exclusive to Farmi. I hope that helps. The chain and other stuff is all standard and I got it from Supply House. Let me know if you have any questions. You’ll really like your winch when you get it back in service. Send some pictures!!!

Andy

/ Bought a new Farmi winch #28  
20230219_094226.jpg
20230219_094226.jpg