Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #61  
The ENGINE serial number has NOTHING to do with the date of manufacture of the tractor.

Check the TRACTOR serial number to get the date of manufacture.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #62  
If the dealer sold it as New and as a current model year, you have been swindled, period. I wouldn't trust the dealer for anything, don't worry about burning bridges. The main thing I would be concerned about is warranty validity on the tractor. Unless you have a legitimate document from the factory, your warranty has or is about to run out. This sounds like a deal gone dad from start.
His warranty is no where near running out. If he purchased the unit new (first person to own it/register it, regardless of when it was made), then his warranty started when they registered the unit (June of 2023 according to the OP).

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #63  
Almost a full month since the OP's last post on November 23.

'Last seen' date December 8th.

Wonder if this is going to be a dead end thread.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #65  
Brain cramp on my end, I've been reading an L2501 thread; I meant L3902.

Anyhow, I'm under the impression the L02 series didn't yet exist in 2019.
I don't think it did iether. I priced a new 3901 in 2020 when I was shopping for a new tractor.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #66  
Some mowers are made in batches, I do not know if this is the case with some tractors. I purchased a new Ferris mower that identified as a couple of years older but had definitely not been used ( but then the hour meter wasn't working ). It is very frustrating as you have purchased a "new" machine and if you come to sell it on the first thing any one is going to point out is it's age. It will be interesting what the dealer has to say, but yes, go in gently, plenty of time to get waspy later as it does look fraudulent. Good luck.

Yes, play nice unless or until you find out for sure that you have been taken advantage of.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #67  
Careful. Did the Dealer claim it was a 2023, 2022, or any year? If not, you got nothing to claim against him.

While we might think differently, Kubota goes by "date put in service", which means I think, the day it was purchased. Personally I think that leads to problems, but, it is what it is.

When I look up parts, I find a serial number break point, but never seen a date reference. Where did you find that information?
Dealer didn't have to claim any year since the model number on the hood wasn't produced until the later year. Proof is right there on the hood.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #68  
Well, you did not say it was 'advertised' as new. Was it? How did you come to believe it was a 'new' tractor? If the salesman misled you, you may have a case and absolutely have a case for promising them a lifetime (yours) of bad mothing that salesperson and dealer. Go in and talk to the owner first, or write them a letter setting forth your case for feeling deceived (find out and address the owner if you can). Then wait a few days for a response. If none is forthcoming, try going in to 'speak to someone' during their busiest day of the month. Keep notes, even use a little recorder to help you get it all down right.

However, if you "Ass U Me d" it was new . . . not so much.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #69  
Same Here. Bought a 2012 SC Cub Cadet and received a 2008. My seat was dry rotted from outdoor exposure. Had to fight them tooth and nail to get a new one. Found out that for tractors thats very common.

/ Bought a New L3902, turned out to be a 2019 #70  
Looks like threads like this one are becoming more and more frequent. It might save everyone a lot of grief IF the homework is done before the agreement to purchase, rather than later. Kinda hard to catch the wild horse once it has left the barn.