Bought the JD2210

/ Bought the JD2210 #11  
I went and looked at the JD 2210, NH TC18, and Kubota 7500/BX22. Prices I got for Machine plus FEL was:
2210 = $12155 plus weight box
4010 = $13500ish plus weight box
TC18 = $13400
7500 = $14000
BX22 = $12500

Prices are in NH.n Ugghh. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Bought the JD2210 #12  
Ah, so youre in NH...I can help on some of this. Which dealerships did you visit? (Rosencrantz for Deere and Chappell or MB for the NH?)

When I started I ruled out everything up to the 4115 immediately b/c they wont accept a hoe. Got a quote for the 4115....17250 for the tractor and 2895 for the loader. This was from Rosencrantz in E Kingston. I think these prices are MSRP and then he gave a bit over 10% for the entire pkg. Nothing to write home about.

Got a price of 9400 for the TC18 and another 3500 for the loader. This was from Chappell in Brentwood. You might also consider the 24D as long as youre poking around. Its the biggest light chassis model and physically about the same size as the 18. The deck is rommier though. I was quoted 12100 for that machine.

HTH jimg

/ Bought the JD2210 #13  
Hey Jim, I live in Candia. I went to MB in Tilton for the NH/Kubota, and Rosencrantz in Londonderry for Deere. MB didn't seem to interested in selling NH. The TC18 had the 7308 loader, I think I like the 12la better, seems more compact, better visibility, but they would have to order another, and higher price. MB only had a used 7500. I liked the 2210 a lot, but I think I would be better off with the 4010, which they didn't have one for me to try out though. I need to stop and talk to Chappell and TT in Concord. I have heard good things about Salem Farm Supply and Emerich out of NY though. Would prefer to buy locally, but. Also www.oktractors.com seems to have some pretty good NH prices. I liked the NH, seemed like the Most tractor for the buck. Seemed a little loud though. Have you picked on up yet? I looking at FEL, Box Blade, Snowblower (rear).

Dave

/ Bought the JD2210 #14  
Dave,
Thats where I live! We should try to compare notes pretty soon. Im just on the verge of making a purchase. It might benefit us both.

I looked briefly at Kubota and decided I really didnt like them.

I began looking at the Deere X series and 2210 and decided they wouldnt to the job....no backhoe. I did look at a 2210 at Rosencrantz but it was already sold, in the shop being fitted out. The dealer mentioned he cant keep them in stock. After some effort on my part (the dealer was completely unhelpful) I decide the 4115 was the best candidate and I had a look and test drive. After all is said and done the Deere is far more expensive item for item than the NH. Unless the Deere dealer makes a significant correction in his quote then Deere is out of the running. BTW this was the dealership in E Kingston.

I called MB but they didnt have any NH machine on the lot for me to look at. To date Ive not bothered to make the trip to Tilton.

If you stop by Chappell's Brentwood the salesman is Ted Higley. He seemed to know the NH pretty well. Sadly none of the small chassis class tractors had loaders or hoes on them. He had one 18 and one 24 on the lot. Most of his stock is mid and large chassis.

I didnt think the small chassis class machines were rated for the 7308 loader.

Ive been to TT and theres little on the lot exc for REALLY big construction and logging machines. Theyre almost right across the road from Merriam-Graves welding supply. I cruised the lot w/ my little sone before I was in the maket for a tractor. I was at the MG to pick up a welder and my son wanted to see the machines.

Id rather buy locally too. I could easily go elsewhere. Iits in my interest to support them if possible. My hope is that Chappell will take a long term view of it and not try to make the whole wad up front. Ive done business w/ them in the past and view them favorably. OTOH I want value for the money Im spending.

Yes, I like the NH too...and agree its the best bang for the $$$. I really liked the 24D.

Nope, as I said before Im just almost there as far as a purchase. Implements will be: snowblower, loader, hoe and finish mower. I planned to rent/borrow anything else Id need.
jimg

/ Bought the JD2210 #15  
Hey Jim. Did you get my PM? Also, I was wondering if you checked out the Kioit's? Just found a dealer in Tilton.

/ Bought the JD2210 #16  
Yup, I did and sent you a reply. Nope, havent looked into the Kioto. Thats Chinese isnt it? jimg

/ Bought the JD2210 #17  
Hello to my NH cohorts ! I live in East Kingston and bought
a 4100 HST from Rosencranz.......I found their price to be
on the high-side of the good deal range when I bought from
them a couple of years ago.....my family has bought a couple
of tractors from them and they give incredible service ! MB
seems like a nice group of guys and same goes with the Chaparral in Brentwood. Unfortunately, I drive by the Deere
dealership to and from work everyday and love having
it less than 5 minutes from my doorstep. The best and most
friendly, knowledgable sales guy is Mark......I may upgrade
to a 4210 or 4310 next year......BTW, is this rain ever going
to stop or am I going to have to build an ark and load up
my familial units two by two /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought the JD2210 #18  
Agreed on the price. My quote from them for a 4115 was MSRP less 10% (this is w/ 4 implements in the deal). Nothing to write home about. In all they were almost $4K more than Chappells quote for the same rig and a TC24D. Next time I see Mark Ill have to ask what Im getting for the extra 4K. As for service Id agree to a point. I think it depends alot on the problem. A friend has a midchassis machine which he had no end of trouble w/. He eventually had to go directly to Deere who did the right thing. Im familiar w/ Mark. Yes, hes knowledgable but I wouldnt call him friendly.

As for the rain Im glad of it. For the past few summers its been terrbily dry! Anyway, the rain is a good execuse not to mow the lawn. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Bought the JD2210 #19  
Man, everytime I walk in Rosencranz, Mark asks me how my tractor
is running.....and I bought it two years ago......same with everyone else
in my family who has gone there.......everybody's has a different
experience with any given business.....there is a local car dealership
who has been giving me fits, but my brother has great luck with them.

/ Bought the JD2210 #20  
I think the operative phrase here is ' asks me how my tractor
is running'. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I suspect the 'friend' factor increases w/ the dollar amt spent. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif