Bow Hunters

/ Bow Hunters #1  

Circle W

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 820
Do we have any bow hunters in here? And it doesn't have to be just bow hunting deer, it can be anything. And if you are what kind of bow do you shoot? Thanks in advance!

/ Bow Hunters #2  
Just bought a new string for a 45 lb reverse curve wooden Bow I inherited.

/ Bow Hunters #3  
I shoot a Martin compound. Deer season opened up on Oct 1st and 45 minutes in I was fortunate to put a buck on the ground. Venison is back on the menu.

/ Bow Hunters
I'll be getting to go for the first time in the morning, and that's awesome you've already bagged a buck! I'm honestly content with just being in the tree again. And to the first commenter I've been thinking about getting an old recurve bow to hunt with. I shoot a Hoyt Razertech compound now and I love it. But I really like the feel of recurve bows and have been getting more and more interested. I'd like to take one with my Hoyt first!

/ Bow Hunters #5  
Have only used recurves my entire life. At one time I owned 7 of them. I tried compounds but to me they were like shooting rifles. They are like a heavy contraption to me. Just can't get past the beauty of instinctive shooting with a bow that might weigh 1 and a half pounds in your hand.

/ Bow Hunters #7  
Yep getting ready to go out in 30 mins. Love archery, my favorite time of the year to be in the woods!

/ Bow Hunters #8  
when i bow hunt it's with a horton 225 legacy cross bow. season opens here this morning my brother and his son are headed in the woods now. they both shot long bows.

/ Bow Hunters #9  
Hoyt/Darton bows and Excalibur crossbows !

Boone

Heres one of em !

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 106
   / Bow Hunters #10  
I just got out of a tree..saw five, all does and fawns.I have been bow hunting since 1975.Started with recurves moved to compound fingers then compound release.I have taken deer with all three.I prefer the recurve but shoulder surgery limits my practice.My son took a nice four point opening day,a couple nephews have also taken small bucks.
My recurve is a Hoyt take-down...Compounds are Hoyt and Parker.