Bow Hunters

/ Bow Hunters
image-1411663211.jpg

My view for the evening. Hopefully I can catch one sneaking down my freshly cut path.

/ Bow Hunters #22  
My wife and I both shoot an Excalibur crossbow. Havent had a chance to get out yet, season is open 1 Oct - 15 Dec in our area. Lots of time yet.

/ Bow Hunters
Also if anyone would like to share this seasons harvests on here then by all means go ahead! I'd love to see some of them.

/ Bow Hunters
My wife and I both shoot an Excalibur crossbow. Havent had a chance to get out yet, season is open 1 Oct - 15 Dec in our area. Lots of time yet.

My brother shoots a crossbow and man does that bolt hum! My arrow stop has a tough time stopping them, and significantly quicker than my compound.

/ Bow Hunters #25  
I got two mice in the woodshed the other day, but I didnt take any pictures! :laughing:

/ Bow Hunters
I got two mice in the woodshed the other day, but I didnt take any pictures! :laughing:

That's funny you say that because we are currently waging a war against a rat in the house. The neighbors cut hay and then here they come. He's a tail-less rat now, he got stuck on the sticky trap and when I went to pick the trap up he went crazy and ran between two boards and off came the trap and his tail.

/ Bow Hunters #27  
That's funny you say that because we are currently waging a war against a rat in the house. The neighbors cut hay and then here they come. He's a tail-less rat now, he got stuck on the sticky trap and when I went to pick the trap up he went crazy and ran between two boards and off came the trap and his tail.

So now he's a mole on steroids! :laughing:

/ Bow Hunters #28  
Back in 1992 I shot an Oneida Screaming Eagle, but no longer have that bow. Last month I picked up a Scorpyd Velocity crossbow and love it. I will take it on a Elk hunt this year. If the Elk hunt is a bust I will schedule a hog hunt to add meat to my freezer.

/ Bow Hunters #29  
1005131803.jpg
View of my turnip and rye food plot this past Saturday (opening day in VA) with crossbow. I have used a compound bow in past, but at 60, I've gotten to the point I don't like to stand up in a tree stand and draw back. Was way to hot(87), but had to be there!

/ Bow Hunters #30  
I shoot a hoyt turbotech. And also have a PSE re-curve but I need more practice with it before I take it hunting.

Been out twice this year. The other night I had a VERY small doe come in 9 yards out. I passed on it. I have seen deer with spots bigger than this one. And it actually "ran" in on me, and I had no time to even get the bow up. I ground hunt. She got close enough to catch a wind of me, then darted out to ~40 yards and stayed there for the next 2 hours. I was really hoping she would draw something else in, but nothing...

Back in 1992 I shot an Oneida Screaming Eagle, but no longer have that bow.

Those are some wicked looking bows. And pretty smooth to shoot, but way too complicated. I had a friend that had one ~5 years ago