Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739?

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739?
Eric102, I installed my rear ports over the weekend. I could not install the Wire #2 due to my 60D deck riding higher in the retracted position. Then I too found the #3 was too close to the tire. I mounted wire #2 to the #8 screw attaching the Rear Deck to the Foot board. This gave great clearance from the tire. I then used a wire tie to pull the hoses high and tight to the frame right above the axle.

When you bent the wire did you heat and bend or just man-handle it?

Other than that I am pleased. The hose assemblies are well made. The bulkhead mount is nicely made and fit well.

I have been going back and forth with Brian regarding the TL hose length. He is ready to ship once I get him that final information. I have been traveling for the last three weeks and unable to spend much time at the farm.

No heat, I just put the small end in a vice and used a large adjustable wrench on the long straight run and it bent fairly easy.

I was wondering what hose lengths would be needed, I'm glad you and Brian will have it fiqured out before I order mine :)

Still waiting for my box blade, should arrive sometime this week.

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #42  
Eric102. Project completed. I started a new thread with pics here. "X748 wit New 3PH, Rear Hydraulics, Hydraulic Top Link" in John Deere Lawn & Garden

I think some attachments (like weight bracket) on the clickngo can be used without removing the lower links. I have the clickngo, but doubt I'll ever use it. 3PH is so much more versatile, even if further behind the tractor. I knew this going in, but the clickngo brackets are pretty cheap and it's always better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Just got the rear click n go weight bracket, it utilizes the lower pins so the 3pt arms have to be removed.

I like the bracket, it holds 6 weights really close to the tractor which for me is a plus to keep the overall length of the tractor down compared to some of the 3pt hitch ballast options. I'm just using it for front blade ballast so don't really need the leverage advantage of a 3pt system (at this time anyway).

Finally got the top link installed. Brian did a great job!

top link 022.jpg top link 007.jpg top link 016.jpg top link 017.jpg

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #45  
Finally got the top link installed. Brian did a great job!

looks great...!
IMO...by the time you get some of the paint rubbed off that BB you're going to wish you had a tilt cylinder as well...!...let us hear how much easier it make using it...!

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #46  
Might just be how I see it, but would consider rotating the two 90 deg fittings such that the hyd. hose on the one to the rear faces forward, and front one faces back, just so the hoses clear each other. The rear one sticks up and might just be in the way.
Also can try rotating the cylinder 180 deg so the fittings are on the left side if the hoses would lay better that way.
Just a thought for you to ponder. ;)

looks great...!
IMO...by the time you get some of the paint rubbed off that BB you're going to wish you had a tilt cylinder as well...!...let us hear how much easier it make using it...!

Thanks, looking forward to using it, just need the ground to dry out a bit more first.

Might just be how I see it, but would consider rotating the two 90 deg fittings such that the hyd. hose on the one to the rear faces forward, and front one faces back, just so the hoses clear each other. The rear one sticks up and might just be in the way.
Also can try rotating the cylinder 180 deg so the fittings are on the left side if the hoses would lay better that way.

Good idea, I'll play around with the hoses to get the best configuration and post some more photos.

/ Box blade and hydraulic top link on X739? #49  

I agree, Eric needs to spend a few minutes and put the hoses in several positions to get the best possible routing. A lot of people never even think to point the hoses towards each other. That actually works very well a lot of the time with smaller machines. I know that that is how I now have them on my smaller tractor, just made for a better all around routing configuration throughout the entire range of motion. ;)