Box blade size for gc1705

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #1  

07keo02

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC1705
I am looking to order a box blade asap. I already have brand picked out, but Im not sure if I should go with the 48 or 54 inch version. Im leaning towards the 54 inch but looking for advice based on experience. Wheel base is about 46-47 inches. Thanks.

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #2  
I use a 48 and when it is full of dirt, it is all it wants.

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #4  
King Kutter. Not sure about the weight.

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #5  
I second what Rider7767 said. A box blade is a ground engaging tool that I would keep as close to the wheelbase as possible.

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #6  
Our Land Shark Subcompact Box Blades are engineered specifically for small tractors like yours, the Kubota BX, John Deere 1025R and others.
Check out the video to see some design advantages not found on the competition's units.

As far as width. I doubt you'll even notice a power difference between the 48" and 54".
Travis

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #7  
I have a bush hog 48" and when shaped my yard before seeding it. I could fill the box completely with dirt and at times have it spill over. If you messing with a driveway and stone then it handles it fine. I would think 48 is wide enough. If you ever find you need traction put some material in the bucket.

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #8  
I have a 60" medium duty dirt dog brand for my BX. When maintaining my neighborhood gravel road, I can pull a full box uphill. I prefer the extra width to make shorter work by doing larger sections of projects a time and it more than covers the wheel tracks. I had a 72" HD BB with my L3800.

/ Box blade size for gc1705
Our Land Shark Subcompact Box Blades are engineered specifically for small tractors like yours, the Kubota BX, John Deere 1025R and others.
Check out the video to see some design advantages not found on the competition's units.

As far as width. I doubt you'll even notice a power difference between the 48" and 54".
Travis

You were "the brand" I had already decided on. Ordered a 48 last night. I have a short driveway and will be grooming a tight woods dirtbike track so I decided on the 48.

/ Box blade size for gc1705 #10  
You will notice a 5 blade when it is fully loaded with dirt. It come to a complete stop. I have pulled both a 5 foot and a 4 foot. If you are moving dry dirt's or gravel, you will be OKAY; however, if you are digging using the rippers, the 5 foot is to much for some types of soil or wet gravel. It is not a D7 dozer. One spoon at a time. I really recommend a good quality 4 foot blade.