Box blade using quick hitch

/ Box blade using quick hitch #1  

dwalk19

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 LS XG3140H TLB
I have the harbor freight quick hitch, i extended the hook out but i was curious do you guys use the quick hitch with every attachment that you can hook up to it, i was curious if any issues if i were to use it with my box blade, i dont see wjy their would be, i juat got new tractor with a hyd. top link and am working on a side link, so loking forward to trying it out

/ Box blade using quick hitch #2  
My harbor freight quick hitch is too narrow for my 6 foot box blade. I just use it on my 2N for the brush hog and even though its used for just one implement it is still worth the money when it comes time for taking the brush hog on and off.

/ Box blade using quick hitch #3  
I leave it on my little Cat 1 Ford and use it for almost all of my Cat 1 equipment. Some of my attachments had the top link hole directly above the framework so for one, I welded on some ears to either side of the top link attachment point. For the others, I use a wishbone shaped quick hitch adapter that I bought at a Rural King. Like you, I extended the top hook out about 1.25 inches. It definitely saves a lot of time. The two things that do not work with the quick hitch are the boom pole and the post hole digger.

/ Box blade using quick hitch #4  
I use my HF quick hitch with everything but the post hole digger. I have used my boom pole with it twice by using a chain to hold the toplink portion. Been using my newly aquired box blade pushing up brush and semi rotten logs to burn with no problems except for the rain.
I have modified all my implements to work with the hitch.
I need to extend the top hook to make it better. Plans include a hydraulic top link.

/ Box blade using quick hitch #5  
Except for my landscape rake, everything I have is Quick Hitch ready. I have the Landpride QH on my BX25.

Just yesterday, I switched from my discs to box blade several times. I also used the toplink hook to hold the chain drag harrow as I pulled it over a patch I'm grading. A quick hitch typically makes things easier.

/ Box blade using quick hitch #6  
No probs with the quick-hitch. Makes your life SOOOOO much easier.

Just one note, on anything but a BB, you'll need to prop up the hitch points on your attachments to keep them at "attachment height." Using old logs right now but considering making kickstands out of 2x4s and envying people who can weld.

It's just one more great thing about a BB; my favorite attachment by far.

/ Box blade using quick hitch #7  
Same. The few non-QH compatible impliments I have get modified. My old King Kutter box blade fit fine. Irionically my Gannon box blade us the only impliment that doesnt fit. I have to adjust the tophook for the Gannon still. I might get to modifying it for CAT 1 hook height, but it's a CAT 1 & CAT 2 hitch size & I assume its CAT 2 height.

A hydraulic toplink really really makes grading & box blade usage a lot easier.

/ Box blade using quick hitch #8  
Quick Hitch for everything just makes life so so much easier. Worth modifying equipment to make it QH compatible if it is not already.
Hydraulic top link is next on my list making pitch adjustments a breeze....I got the 2 rear remotes for a reason on the B26

/ Box blade using quick hitch #9  
No probs with the quick-hitch. Makes your life SOOOOO much easier.

Just one note, on anything but a BB, you'll need to prop up the hitch points on your attachments to keep them at "attachment height." Using old logs right now but considering making kickstands out of 2x4s and envying people who can weld.

It's just one more great thing about a BB; my favorite attachment by far.

A quick word to the wise... PALLETS are your friend! Especially wheeled pallets. You can customise them to your individual implements using 2x4 or 4x4 hunks of wood.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    969.2 KB · Views: 329
   / Box blade using quick hitch #10  
I think secret with using quick hitch is making each implement compatible with one QH setup.... Unfortunately the industry is all over the place on 3PH setups (due to long time adaptations of many, many years) and only now "some" manufacturers are adopting QH standards.....

My plan is to make all my implements compatible with my QH, do it once cry once, be happy for long time...

Only wrinkle in my plan is I have SCUT and in lower position lower hitch points are only about 8 inches off ground, and at full lift only 24 inches, that severely limits how much actual lift I have ( seems most implement manufactured have lower pins about 14-18 inches off ground for BIG tractors.... Am thinking I may lower attachment points of QH about 4-6 inches (weld on extensions) to give me more initial height of QH (on tractor arms) and therefore more vertical lift capabilities... Does this seem reasonable?

ASAEquickHitchImplementDim.jpg

Dale