Box Scraper converted to rear ballast....

/ Box Scraper converted to rear ballast....
All good points and I didn’t intend to discount any of the previous ones.

I’ll stew on them for awhile, I’m in no hurry.

/ Box Scraper converted to rear ballast.... #12  
Sell the box blade for a few hundred and spend a small portion of it for your own custom ballast box.... I have about $50 into a 500 pound one for my SCUT.... You really want your ballast to be as compact as possible, it runs into thing if it covers to much territory...

Dale

Absolutely correct!

The box scraper was my primary ballast on the 2650, I'm used to its presence on the back of the tractor and it will have a smaller footprint on the 4060. I also do not operate in confined conditions so there really isn't anything to hit other than a pile of wood.

Well, the 4060 was able to lift these with just a 72” blade on the rear. I think it would have been fine even without the blade.

So I’m just going to build a simple block of concrete.

IMG_1573.JPG

/ Box Scraper converted to rear ballast.... #15  
I bought 6 to try them out compared to the Dino bags... Ill likely go with the Dino bags based on nothing but cost. A pallet of 200 gets the cost down to $10 per bag.

Copied another members idea, seems to have turned out well. 16 bags of 60# mix with some 1/2” rebar I had lay around.

IMG_1579.JPG

/ Box Scraper converted to rear ballast.... #18  
I recently needed a little more ballast for some fork work. Craigs list yielded the flat bar pieces for a good price. The bottom piece is bolted to box blade. It took a few hours to drill the holes. Easy to undo the threaded rod and add/remove pieces as needed. An extra 500 lbs. was a little much, 300 just about right for a full bucket of gravel.

Attachments

• 7379C404-7BE1-4752-9455-023AA8F9D7D4.jpeg
    7379C404-7BE1-4752-9455-023AA8F9D7D4.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 141
Looks good, and functional.

Here’s how the concrete turned out.

IMG_1606.JPGIMG_1605.JPG

/ Box Scraper converted to rear ballast.... #20  
Looks like it turned out great!