Box scraper for larger tractor

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
Hello

I'm wondering what is avaliable for a box scraper that would fit a TN70DA tractor (70 hp 4wd). I have looked at the Woods site. They list some for my HP range but they only have them in CAT 1. I have a Woods medium duty cutter with CAT 1 pins and they bend. So can a Woods be converted to CAT 2 pins?

Any other good brands?

My size should be high 70's to low 80's for width?

Rough price? $1k, $2K??

BTW, My TN is on order and is due early July.

Many thanks.

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #2  
Wow, a really big tractor! Congratulations.

The "standard" dimentions for a CAT 1 hook-up are probably smaller than for CAT 2. ie the distance between lift pins, and height above the lift pins where the top link attaches. Your CAT 2 3ph maybe has enough adjustment room so you could make it fit though. As far as pins go, if I understand your question right, I don't see why you couldn't redrill the pin mounting holes in your cutter oversized just enough to handle CAT 2 pins. But why are the CAT 1 pins bending? Is it the weight of the unit when you lift it? I can see how the pins of a box scraper might bend behind a powerrul tractor, but a cutter should just roll happily behind without too much stress on the pins, shouldn't it?

As far as a source for a box scraper, you might try a commercial tractor place, like JD, CAT, or Case. I have seen some models of their commercial, yellow TLBs that can drop the BH and use a box scraper. One of those tractor vendors might be able to steer you to a large, CAT 2 sized scraper.

Let us know when your new tractor arrives. Post pictures so we can drool.

OkieG

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #3  
I use only cat I implements on my DK65C and do not have the problems you describe. Are you using properly fitted sleeve adapters on the pins, so the cat II holes are now sized for cat I? As far as box blade width, recommend 84" or so to cover your tracks. Hope this helps out.

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #4  
Derek

Woods has a full line inclucing many with 1/2" side plates and cat II pins. I recently picked up a full line Woods brochure at my dealer and they probably have 20 models of box scrapers. I am running the same Landpride 2596 8' box on my TN that I run on the 2120. either tractor can put a few bends in it. Also have you seen your TN yet. Mine came with Cat I balls to replace the Cat II balls at the end of the arms.

That said I'd love a 1000-1200 # box for the TN.

Andy

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #6  
I second the Gannon. Mine is awesome! It can move a yard of dirt in 50 seconds. With 68 hp and 4wd a 78" box works well for me. The 84" would not fit on my trailer. Otherwise, it would be no question a better choice. Hydraulic scarrifiers make life easy.

The Gannon 3pt. connection is indestructable. It accepts Cat I or Cat II lift arms. On each side of the box three plates about 3/4" thick are welded to the frame. A pin slides through two plates, your lift arm, then the third plate. The tractor will break before the 3pt connection.
My tractor has a Speeco Cat I quick hitch that works good with the box. You won't move an 1100 lb box around with a prybar to line it us with the lift arms.

Shop for price. Best price in houston was $2400, but a local dealer sold me one for $2000 and no shipping.

Gannon is owned by woods.

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #7  
Rhino HB series would work. 78 or 84 inches in width.

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #8  
Take a look at CAMMOND.com, similar to GANNON but may be heavier. A TN will turn a lite to medium duty unit into a pretzel if you hit something solid.

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #9  
I 3rd the Gannon

/ Box scraper for larger tractor #10  
I have a Woods [Gannon] 4x2 76" box scaper and it is a category II. As has been mentioned in other posts, Woods makes other models in cat II. The HD models are very beefy and do a great job. I think that you will be impressed.