Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link #1  

snymat68

Platinum Member
Tractor
RK24H, Gravely 8123
Which way is the bracket for the slow-moving vehicle triangle supposed to point? Up or down?
In the attached picture (from RK's website), it is shown pointing up.
My RK24 came from the factory with the bracket pointing down.

With it pointing down, it's in the way when I try to put the top link in the little hook hanger thing.
The top link hits the bracket and cant be placed in the hanger.

With the bracket pointing up, the seat hits it when turned around for backhoe use.
The seat in the attached picture also looks to be a little higher than mine, providing the needed clearance with the bracket in the up position.

Am I missing something here? :confused3:
How is this all supposed to work?

Capture.PNG

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link #2  
Another option is to leave the sign off and remove the bracket. I'm never on a road with high traffic.

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link
Another option is to leave the sign off and remove the bracket. I'm never on a road with high traffic.

True. Always an option. But I would still like to know the proper/intended mounting of this.

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link #4  
Typically, the SMV sign is displayed with the point 'up'... but I honestly can't find a hard'n'fast rule about this. Only that it needs to be displayed when travelling on public roads.

As long as it's on the 'slow moving vehicle' (tractor, float, Z-turn, etc...) where it can be seen by other road traffic as a warning, then I don't think that the sign's orientation matters.

Typically, the SMV sign is displayed with the point 'up'... but I honestly can't find a hard'n'fast rule about this. Only that it needs to be displayed when travelling on public roads.

As long as it's on the 'slow moving vehicle' (tractor, float, Z-turn, etc...) where it can be seen by other road traffic as a warning, then I don't think that the sign's orientation matters.
I wasn't talking about the sign itself, just the bracket it slides into.

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link #6  
I wasn't talking about the sign itself, just the bracket it slides into.

Mate, your very first question was whether the sign pointed 'up' or 'down'.

You could always move the bracket to the ROPS... I'd suggest the left-hand side for when you are on a public road.

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link #7  
Mount the bracket so it suits your use and purpose. Don’t worry what a bunch of internet experts think. Do what makes sense for you.

Mate, your very first question was whether the sign pointed 'up' or 'down'.

You could always move the bracket to the ROPS... I'd suggest the left-hand side for when you are on a public road.
First question clearly stated "bracket for..." Not trying to argue. Just looking for how it is supposed to be positioned.

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link #9  
Most brackets for SMV signs have the opening facing up and you drop the sign post down into the bracket where gravity keeps it in place. If it's one of those brackets it won't even work upside down, at least not for long.

Normally the sign is pointing up and positioned right behind the backrest of the seat, or higher. It sure shouldn't be lower since it could be hidden by implements/etc. Many tractors have the bracket mounted to the seat back itself.

/ Bracket For Slow-Moving Vehicle Sign In The Way Of Top Link #10  
I just looked at mine. The backhoe has never been off yet so the SMV sign is still on the bucket curl cylinder bracket. The bracket that you are questioning is wide end up so the SMV drops into it and held there by gravity. The top link hook is behind this bracket, but looks like it will still hold the top link with the SMV installed in the bracket. I'll try tomorrow and see for sure. Hope this helps.