Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers

/ Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers #31  
I guess you will have to give me an education....what is a 3-way gate.

Mine is the 2-way.......barn doors and spreader that hinges at the top, opens at the bottom. What could possibly be a 3rd way to open and what would be the benefit?

Same here, maybe I'm missing something...

-R

Last edited:
   / Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers #32  
Those of you who use the dump trailer with slide in ramps to haul equipment - when you roll off the back onto the ramps how do you support the back of the trailer to keep from lifting the truck off the ground? Do you put a jack stand under it or??

/ Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers #33  
The third way is you leave the lower latch hooked and the two hinge pins at the top that can be removed after the hitch pin clips are pulled and it drops down like a regular pickup tailgate.

David

/ Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers #34  
Those of you who use the dump trailer with slide in ramps to haul equipment - when you roll off the back onto the ramps how do you support the back of the trailer to keep from lifting the truck off the ground? Do you put a jack stand under it or??

I had PJ install the rear support stands. Remember to not lower them to the ground, as after loading the weight of load will prevent them from being able to retract. Also, you need to watch them when dumping, and moving trailer, as the clearance when bed is raised is minimal.

/ Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers #35  
I had PJ install the rear support stands. Remember to not lower them to the ground, as after loading the weight of load will prevent them from being able to retract. Also, you need to watch them when dumping, and moving trailer, as the clearance when bed is raised is minimal.

If I could do it over I would have saved the dough, and just carry a couple of wooded blocks cut to size needed.

/ Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers #36  
Dropping like a tailgate is what I was wondering. I cannot think of any instance where that would benefit me. Does it allow full dump when in tailgate position? Cause as mine is now, with barn doors open and full dump, if a "tailgate" we're more than about 6" it would be binding on the ground.

I got slide in ramps. But have no intention of hauling heavy equipment that would warrant support. I have the gooseneck for that. But it looks kinda dorky hauling a atv or zeroturn or garden tractor on a 25' 24k gooseneck. And didn't want to buy a utility AND a dump. So a 7x12 dump with ramps does both

/ Brand advise, hydraulic dump trailers
Dropping like a tailgate is what I was wondering. I cannot think of any instance where that would benefit me. Does it allow full dump when in tailgate position?

While there may be more than one benefit of the trailer's tailgate dropping like a pick-up truck, for me, the feature has value when I have to haul lengths greater than the dump bed length. I have several acers of wooded land to clean which includes fallen trees greater than 16 foot long.

My sides are 24 inches with a deck height of 28 inches so I would say no, can't make a full tilt without the tailgate hitting. I can't see a reason why to dump with the tailgate down when there are two other options available except to dump out the debris collected from the woods and then, it tilts high enough to empty.