Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #11  
Very nice post!!!!

Fact of the matter is there is not a best for every situation and everybody tractor out there today. Every tractor has its own specific strengths and weaknesses, and yes we all tend to be a little bias to the brand we bought, but that is no reason to bash someone for choosing another color or brand.

There is a rainbow of color choice out there today one I'm sure that will make everybody happy!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #12  
I think it all depends on what you've had and how it treated you. I'm partial to orange. Of course, my B Kubota is the only "tractor" I've owned. But it has performed flawlessly and is a lot more tractor than I ever thought it would be.

If only I had the money that Bob Skurka had! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would own orange, green, blue, yellow, hot pink, lime green, camo, silver, black... etc. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #13  
I think a lot of people, especially first time tractor owners, are so completely surprised and pleased with their tractors and the quality and power of them, that it's really a bit hard for them to believe that most tractor owners of most brands are just as happy -- and it's especially hard for them to believe that their experience might be even better and that's OK.

I view this as a good thing. I've never run across a bunch of people so generally happy with their purchases. It's natural to want others to share in their happiness. This is one of the reasons TBN is so kool.

Every once in a while the enthusiasm goes a bit overboard, but TBN has proven itself to be self-correcting, I think.

I think if we did a survey on how many people think they purchased the right tractor, the percentage would be very high. How kool is that!

Cliff

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I view this as a good thing. I've never run across a bunch of people so generally happy with their purchases. It's natural to want others to share in their happiness. This is one of the reasons TBN is so kool.

Every once in a while the enthusiasm goes a bit overboard, but TBN has proven itself to be self-correcting, I think.

I think if we did a survey on how many people think they purchased the right tractor, the percentage would be very high. How kool is that!

Cliff

)</font>

Spot on Cliff! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #15  
That's why Bob Skurka wears those Hawaiian shirts, that way he matches any color of tractor!!!

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #16  
I didn't even consider any other brand beyond NH, Kubota or Deere in my search. I never even looked at "other" threads . My problem is the tractors I wanted were a bit out of my reach financially. You can blame Jinman for sending me toward the "lower" tier /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif tractors. I looked at a few and really liked the CK30. If money were no object, I'd be happy to do the different color for every implement system. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #17  
Mike I am glad you started this thread. I am one of the guys that have been on the forum for a long time. Over the years I have seen many active members who contributed a great deal of knowledge stop posting because of all the color wars. Some I am still in touch with and they monitor the forum but rarely if ever post any longer. Even some of the most active members at one time, who became moderators, don’t post anymore. I guess they still moderate because that is done so well on this forum. It is a shame that so many new members don’t have the advantage of their knowledge.

The color war posts that really drive me crazy are the ones that go like this; in XXX brands forum, "?", Compare model 111 to model 222, first couple of replies, “Buy YYY brand instead because…………..I drove XXX brand for 2 minutes at the dealer and now have 6 hours on my YYY brand and it is better!!!

Often makes me think that YYY brand is still trying to convince them selves they made the right purchase. Why else would you post in another brand forum, make a reply that has nothing to do with the question and also show you don’t have enough experience to make an objective comparison.

I remember how exciting it was to get my first tractor. I remember how it exceeded my expectations. I remember wanting to tell everyone. That is fine. Just don’t tell me that because I bought XXX brand instead of YYY brand I made a mistake. That’s ignorant.

MarkV

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #18  
Previous flawless B9200 Kubota owner and now a Kioti owner...I'm loyal to orange!

Seriously, when I was shopping there was no brand affection. I'd had my Kubota for 8 years and didn't search or need another tractor until recently. I was open to any color. All the tractors I looked at came highly recommended.

After doing my research (alot on TBN) my order of desire was Mahindra, FarmTrac, Kubota, Kioti then JD. My requirements in order were size (35-45HP), comfort (BIG MAN needs room), tractor weight, features and price. Quite frankly, I was not worried about service (break downs) on any. I was convinced that no matter what I bought and it needed service, it would be small or I just got unlucky. All the manufacturers appeared reputable from this forum.

Can anybody really not recommend a brand (aside from a one time bad experience)? Sure you hear isolated problems on a model part or design flaw but they almost always get addressed.

If I was 5'8" and 150 lbs. I'd probably still be trying to decide between the Mahindra and FarmTrac, I ain't. I ended up with a Kioti based on my base needs and price. The next time I upgrade, I'll go through the whole search again.

Hmmm...a blue tractor would look good beside my orange one.

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #19  
I've been described by some as being "Militant Green".....

It's also been said I'm the cheapest guy you'll ever meet. Hmmmmmmmmmm! How can THOSE two "forces" mutually co-exsist?

I operate in three seperate business areas that all three require heavy use of tractors, "outdoor power equipment", and implements. I've become very accustom to Deere products, their dealer network, and their ability to cater to my needs. For those reasons, my barn is FULL of green and yellow.

It's also got a goodly number of "Red and Yellow" (New Holland hay equipment) Yellow (Vermeer baler) Red and white (International Harvester disc) Cat Yellow (King Kutter) Orange (Howard Rotovator) and the list goes on and on.........

I'm LOYAL to a brand, I'm EXTREMELY LOYAL to myself. I don't buy anything EXCLUSIVELY based on color. I buy what seems like the best buy, or best product, or just what makes the best sense for me at the time.

But just don't insult my GREEN and YELLOW....'cause I gotta "jack you up" if you do.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Brand Loyalty vs. Brand Blindness #20  
Great discussion.

Caveat Emptor: "Let the buyer beware" applies to everything, regardless of it's color. Do your homework and buy what you need. TBN is an unbelievably good resource for helping with this.

You never buy a tractor. You buy a relationship. Assuming your tractor is capable of doing what you need, the dealer is ultimately more important than the tractor.

Regardless of the color or features, you're going to need the support of your dealer for a very long time, unless you plan on the expense of changing brands regularly.

I thought I was happy. Then I bought a tractor and found out what true happiness is.