Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence?

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #11  
I'm reading all these replys that it will be a warranty claim and make the dealer do this or that or change out to a new tractor, good luck.

You may get told that you overloaded or abused it and nothing is covered, I would hope not but be prepared.

That attachment point may well be a cat 1 type pin which would have been tightened with a lock washer

Last edited:
   / Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence?
Just observation but ... IF bolt was to tight it may have causes strain on cast iron main body and cause it to crack, not that you hit anything too hard to snap casting....

And why is there lock washer under nut (or so it appears) when it shroud be loose swivel connection... IF that is setup as it came from dealer, it's dealers problem....

Dale

Yeah, everything you see is how it came from the dealer. Now that I think of it the small broken piece is still attached to the lower arm.
Mariposa . . . we are from Raymond originally. Small world

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #13  
Yeah, everything you see is how it came from the dealer. Now that I think of it the small broken piece is still attached to the lower arm.
Mariposa . . . we are from Raymond originally. Small world

Better off out of Kommunist Kalifornia...

Dale

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #14  
I've seen that failure before when one of the lower link extensions was not set and the locked one was overloaded and over-traveled sideways. Does yours have the link extenders? That looks like a twisting failure, not a rearward overload. Where's the 2nd part of the broken eye ? Aren't there 2 ???

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #15  
I've seen that failure before when one of the lower link extensions was not set and the locked one was overloaded and over-traveled sideways. Does yours have the link extenders? That looks like a twisting failure, not a rearward overload. Where's the 2nd part of the broken eye ? Aren't there 2 ???

That's the flaw of that setup. The pin is only supported on one side, then the cast iron ear just broke because it's just to much.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #16  
On the tractor side, the hole where the rust is showing, am I seeing a crack that appears to go around the circumference of the hole?

On the tractor side, the hole where the rust is showing, am I seeing a crack that appears to go around the circumference of the hole?

Better pictures.
KIMG0236.JPGKIMG0235.JPGKIMG0234.JPG

Both of the lower extension were set and locked when this happened.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #19  
OK, so that's a shoulder I was looking at.

/ Brand new 1735M broke after ~3hrs of use. Is this a freak occurrence? #20  
JB Weld. Its even the right color. (What's the other side look like from a few different views ? [assembly issue]). That ear does not seem like it would be strong/massive enough to carry any sort of side loading. I REALLY like the extendable arms, though. I sometimes had to use my loader bucket to 'walk' the tractor into position to hook up a heavy attachment.