Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #141  
If I were in corporate, each morning I'd search this site, and any other tractor sites, for new postings with my tractor name. Anything bad (like this thread), I'd be on the phone to regional, telling them to get it fixed. Kioti got a lot of bad press from this post.

I too, suggest to OP he keep the Kioti. If it's a bad tractor, he can sell it next year. If the wiring was just a fluke, he'll be happy for years to come.

There are reasons Kubota and Deere dominate the CUT and SCUT markets. And there is a reason so many other manufacturers are trying to enter the market - the search for profits.

The only reason to buy a brand other than K or D, is price. If one of those other brands picks up market share, and joins K and D, the Other Brand will no longer need to sell on the basis of price - and won't.

The price differential seems to be about 15%. None of us "don't need" our tractors. At purchase, a buyer needs to calculate the aggravation factor likely to be imposed by a 2nd rate dealer. Let's face it, if the dealer is first rate, it's selling K or D. Maybe there is a solution to purchase off brand from a dealer that also sells K or D.

I don't suggest there are no first rate dealers that only sell off brand tractors. But those dealers are likely new to the market place, may be under capitalized (how would a buyer know ?), may not have the best technicians, and may not get the best guidance from corporate.

When we bought our first computer (and software) for work, the selling manufacturer claimed that each member of top management had to have 3 successful experiences, with the same kind of responsibilities, for a high-tech company, prior to coming to the selling manufacturer. They still went out of business. My point - being new is not necessarily good.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #142  
There is a checklist for new Kioti tractors. I received a checklist when taking delivery of my 2018 tractor. And the checklist logged 3.8 hrs dealer preparation time, with a strong focus on electrical, fuel, emission and all fluid levels.

Maybe Kioti no longer does a checklist because of the pandemic labor shortage. But that checklist included 28 electrical system checks, including all lights, switches, fuses, dashboard and electrical harness. They also included a tractor code printout summary, which basically showed the tractor was showing no fault codes prior to delivery. I suspect the OP got nothing but the operators manual, warranty cards and a receipt from the dealer. Its also possible the OP wanted fast delivery, which can shortcut the dealer preparation process.

I got 780 hrs now on my Kioti, and other than newbie mistakes, I have no issues with the mechanical reliability of my tractor. And its good thing too, because while my local Kioti dealer was great in sales and parts, they lack tractor mechanical knowledge after losing much of their staff.

I didn't get a printout with mine, it had 2.1 hours and a half tank when it was dropped off in my driveway.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #143  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
Keep track of everything meticulously, you could have a lemon law case and demand a new tractor. Makes me gladder that I paid more for a Kubota hearing this though, thanks

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #144  
Even going with established dealer is no promise that dealer will be around in the future.

Kubota also loses dealers and happened at least twice in mine and neighboring counties… millions and millions live here and not one dealer…

I pleased the issue identified and resolved…

Make no mistake… Covid impacts all of us…

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #145  
Either way I'm out hundreds in rentals to get the job done I bought this tractor for and therefor going to sell it and get a Kubota or mahindra etc that I trust more.
In which way would a Mahindra in the same class be more "trustworthy" than a Kioti ? And btw I hope your issue gets resolved correctly , positively and as quick as possible .

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #146  
Makes me gladder that I paid more for a Kubota hearing this though, thanks
LOL , Morning ! Please try not to stir up the hornets nest and restart the Orange County war again . I'am getting too old to fight and last time I took a musket ball through my left calf . Sawbones wanted to cut bottom part of my leg off and feed it to the "yotes " . BTW I was fighting for the Kubota confederacy !

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #147  
Keep track of everything meticulously, you could have a lemon law case and demand a new tractor. Makes me gladder that I paid more for a Kubota hearing this though, thanks
Lol, says the guy with 4 posts, whose first post was:

Kubota L3130 front 4wd differential is leaking

"It's leaking at the seal where the drive shaft goes into the differential. I see how to take the shaft out (pinned couplers) that's easy. but it surely appears that the whole axle has to come off to get to the seal. The repair manual is clear as mud."

And then didn't follow up, respond, or say thanks for the advice you got. Kioti-hatin' trolls up in here.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #148  
But go to a bota post and they jump down your throat if you say anything close to negative

Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #149  
Ok I was too curious, so I re-scanned this whole thread. I counted 18 posters with 15 or less posts on the forum, half of whose responses were overwhelmingly negative. Several with 4 or less posts who were the most negative about Kioti. Bekenny.... that's not you making extra accounts just to add pressure on Kioti, is it?

"way dealer is treating you sounds downright criminal".... "lawyer up".... "lemon law"... etc. Way overkill for a first response here on the forum, wouldn't you say?

Also kinda weird how many people who just joined and started commenting happen to also have Kioti CK3510s. Who knows, maybe this is all just a simulation. LOL

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #150  
Seems the original poster got a little carried away with his expectations at the beginning but just like most of us has been learning as he progresses, seems like the dealer did get the issue repaired even though it took more than one attempt, I suspect now that it’s fixed properly it will probably be a great pretty much trouble free machine for many years.