Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #1  

bekenney

Tractor
KIOTI CK3510 HST
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #3  
Welcome to TBN.

Not off to good start :( face to face better results than call.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival
I tried that with the dealer, they're nice about it but won't offer any resolution other than sorry you bought a defective unit, we've never seen this before. And they're too busy to look at it right now. Unfortunately I bought the tractor cause I need it now. Heading to kubota to rent one today to get the job started. I guess lesson learned for me was buy a Kubota next time

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #5  
OOof, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

It's really up to your dealer to prioritize this and dive into the diagnostics. Kioti's corporate response is the same as any other manufacturer; the dealers do the work. If you can somehow find out who your local Kioti dealer rep is, they can often pull strings to expedite complicated diagnostics/repairs.

It's probably something fairly simple though (broken sensor, connector, wire harness, etc). You should feel free to dive in, too. Check all the electrical connectors on the engine wire harness. The dealer surely had to undo a lot of the harness to get in and replace the fuel rail, so it could just be a plug. Does it crank but not start, or not even crank?

Is there any way for us Kioti owners to do our own diagnostics? Theres and OBD port under the dash.... but probably not universal codes, eh.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #6  
I tried that with the dealer, they're nice about it but won't offer any resolution other than sorry you bought a defective unit, we've never seen this before. And they're too busy to look at it right now. Unfortunately I bought the tractor cause I need it now. Heading to kubota to rent one today to get the job started. I guess lesson learned for me was buy a Kubota next time
I'm orange crazy but there are many good brands out there. Was there a pre delivery inspection on the unit? I would start there. Also how many hours on it when you got it? Should probably be between 2-6 if they did a good job with the final assembly, fluid add, stat, fluid check, pre delivery inspection. Will Kioti take it back? I'd say ask for a new one but with inventory and sales right now I don't imagine they would swap it out.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival
I was able to get into the OBD port but KIOTI has proprietary codes. Apparently they voided someone's warranty for posting them (alleged just saw this on another forum not sure if it's true). It's the same issue it was the first time, fuel pressure sensor. It will crank and start but loud fuel knock then sputters and dies. We pinned out all connectors going to it and they checked out. I honestly would have felt a whole lot better if KIOTI would have just returned my calls or emails. Being ignored when you have a brand new $25000 paperweight is infuriating. Even if just to sat we will call the dealer and look into it.

Sea2summit-
It had about 2hrs on it from what they called "make ready"

Dealer said they would only service the tractor, they won't even start talking about other resolutions

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #8  
Man, sucks to have this happened right of the bat of ownership! 1st things 1st, does the manual describe a way to bleed the fuel system? If so, do that to make sure there is no air in the system to start.........how could that have happened?! Anyway, IF you have the possibility to bleed it yourself with a help of a friend. Try it.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #9  
Dealer said they would only service the tractor, they won't even start talking about other resolutions
***I'm not a lawyer***

Lemon laws (or other specially written laws) apply to tractors in most states. I would keep a very careful record of who said what when, emails would be best but log calls/details etc. for now. If it gets worse it might be worth a call to an ambulance chaser.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #10  
I tried that with the dealer, they're nice about it but won't offer any resolution other than sorry you bought a defective unit, we've never seen this before.
I'd give them one of two options.

>> Full 100% refund of any monies paid and cancel any loan contact.

>> Replacement unit.

Today. No delay.

-- or --

Tomorrow go to your State AG.