Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #71  
Any contact with dealer today? Don't expect instant help from any other brand. Often a really good dealer will have a used tractor available for you to use if its time critical. I've even okayed renting competitor in order to keep someone going depending on circumstances. Don't count on Kubota to be a lot better. I blew a special hose on my M7-171, end fittings not available in USA, and was down 18 days during the middle of haying season. No offer for a fill-in. Totally unlike my car dealer who has a fleet of loaners rent free. Longest time I had a loaner from them was 10 days - and the problem was my fault. But one year while negotiating a tractor purchase, I asked my dealer why I saw a used tractor in their inventory I had seen there the previous spring. They told me it spent the entire previous season being loaned out to customer's whose tractors needed major repairs. If you rented from another dealer to get your work done, it might be something to try negotiating.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #72  
My 4.5 year old Mahindra EMAX 22 had a drip of oil at the axle seal. The next day the dealer drove 1.5 hours up the hill to pick it up and fix under warranty. Two days later he brought it back Fixed. I paid $150 for transportation. Our hill is 7,000’ with a typical mountain road.
Both your dealer and Kioti are wrong. My electric mobility scooter, from China broke a main lower bracket. Sent an email to the company, new part is packed and ready to be air expressed. That’s in 12 hours.

Send an email to Kioti corporate in Korea, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. Ask for help in resolving the problem ASAP. There is an implied warranty that what they sold will work, will run, yours doesn’t. Return it to the dealer and ask for an immediate fix, refund or new tractor. Don’t take no for an answer. Don't accept any excuses. Don’t bring it back home. Dress a friend up in a suit and tie and bring him along. Introduce him aa a Mr. so and so and that he will be listening, recording (on his phone).

Write a review on yelp.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #73  
I am in Canada and I bought a new, off the lot DK45 about 12 years ago. Loved it for a couple of weeks then it stopped in the middle of a field. I crawled under, jiggled some wires and it started. This happened 3-4 times and the dealer (no longer a dealer) replaced the main wiring harness under warranty. Apparently some bright bulb in administration discovered they could save a few pennies per tractor by shortening the main wiring harness by 2-3 inches (save on copper???). Harness then rubbed on frame and shorted out electricals.
Expensive fix for KIOTI. Hope yours is an easier solution.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #74  
Call your State Attorney General's office. Or at least tell the dealer you're going to. Worth a try.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #75  
When my "used" DS4510 was initially delivered, it wouldn't start to get the tractor off the delivery trailer. After many attempts if finally started but it continued to have starting problems. Long story short, I got the dealer to replace the "Kill Solenoid" under warranty and it worked fine for a year. Then the intermittent starting problem began again.

This model has a design whereby the fuel flow solenoid is closed until the ignition switch is turned to the crank-engine position. This energizes the fuel solenoid with a few amps of current to override an internal spring and pull the solenoid in to allow fuel flow. After a few milliseconds the power to this energizing coil is dropped but a smaller coil holds the energized flow solenoid open so long as the ignition switch is on. When the ignition switch is moved to the off position this holding coil loses power and the internal spring pulls the fuel flow valve closed to stop the engine.

Your problem is likely the same as mine. I ended up replacing this kill solenoid twice over a 2 year period but it happened a third time. At this point I cut the end off the kill solenoid and discarded the solenoid plunger, installed a new longer shaft through the solenoid, then installed a spring directly on the fuel flow valve to hold it open. Then installing a pull cable to close the valve briefly for shutting the engine off fixed this problem permanently. Most old diesels worked this way. It's simple and reliable.

If your engine won't start, locate the kill solenoid and pull it on manually while cranking the engine. If the engine starts, this solenoid is your problem. Your Kioti may be similar to the 4510 shown in the photos? Modify at your own risk!

Pic#1- Kill solenoid with end cut off and solenoid plunger removed.
Pic#2- New shaft installed
Pic#3- Spring added to hold fuel valve open.
Pic#4- Bracket added to support kill cable that runs through firewall.
Pic#5- Cable pulls loosely mounted plate that pushes flow valve closed

Good luck.

Attachments

• Kioti4510KillSolenoid-04-2016,07,07-RearView.jpg
    Kioti4510KillSolenoid-04-2016,07,07-RearView.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Kioti4510KillSolenoid-02-2016,07,07-FlangeRemoved,PushRodAdded.jpg
    Kioti4510KillSolenoid-02-2016,07,07-FlangeRemoved,PushRodAdded.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Kioti4510KillSolenoid-05-2016,07,12-SingleShaft.jpg
    Kioti4510KillSolenoid-05-2016,07,12-SingleShaft.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Kioti4510KillSolenoid-06-2016,07,07-BracketTopView.jpg
    Kioti4510KillSolenoid-06-2016,07,07-BracketTopView.jpg
    882.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Kioti4510KillSolenoid-07-2016,07,07-BracketBottomView.jpg
    Kioti4510KillSolenoid-07-2016,07,07-BracketBottomView.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
   / Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #76  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
i hate to seem the doomsayer but i would back up the money bus return that thing and go get a deer or kubota, i dont know the KIOTI and it may be a simple fix and leave you with a good machine...OR it may be a lemon, either way its a bad start to the good experience of having your own tractor and for sure its a bad sign when you buy brand new off the lot and now they dont have time for you.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #77  
Don't touch anything(it'll void warranty) and contact a lawyer.
A friend of mine had the same issue with a Massey Ferguson with 3 hrs on it.
Took a couple weeks but a new tractor one size bigger was swapped at no cost

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #78  
Why is this thread attracting so many brand new members to comment who have under 5 posts on the forum? Interesting. Are you newbs googling "kioti tractor dead on arrival" or something? Lol.

Anyway hopefully we hear back from the OP soon. It is surely a fixable problem, hate so to see so many folks hating on Kioti and advising a rash decision to sell. Just demand they fix it, stat (IMO).

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #79  
Why is this thread attracting so many brand new members to comment who have under 5 posts on the forum? Interesting. Are you newbs googling "kioti tractor dead on arrival" or something? Lol.

Anyway hopefully we hear back from the OP soon. It is surely a fixable problem, hate so to see so many folks hating on Kioti and advising a rash decision to sell. Just demand they fix it, stat (IMO).

Subscribed to the 'Daily/Weekly Digest' email. Usually answer up w/o actually reading the thread.

/ Brand new KIOTI dead on arrival #80  
Hey guys, just bought my first tractor, KIOTI CK3510 HST and wanted to see if anyone has any better ideas to resolve problems with KIOTI. I bought it brand new off the dealer lot. Started it up for just a minute and drove it on my trailer. Got it home and the unit shut off and check engine light came on. Ran it 2 hours away back to the dealer and they replaced the fuel rail. It ran fine idling for 30 min so I trailered it up and brought it home. Used it for an hour driving around and tractor shut off with check engine light. Now days later dealer hasnt even looked at it yet and said they wont expedite parts. KIOTI wont answer my voicemails or emails. They answered facebook and just said "talk to your dealer". Anyone deal with this before and know how to handle it? The tractor has less than 5 hours on it and over half of those were the dealer testing and make ready.
I purchased the same model about 4 years ago. It has been a champ for me, I have nearly 700 hrs on it. But everything is different with supply chains now. My local dealer (which offers great service) tells me that they can't tractors to sell and getting pats is a challenge. I just hope my tractor doesn't quit when I need it most (which is most of the time).
I think the resolution could be challenging until things get closer to normal.