Branson 3510 (2004) lost hydraulics (three point and front end loader)

/ Branson 3510 (2004) lost hydraulics (three point and front end loader)
I cut down a 3/8” extension and connected the drill. I’m alone today so zip ties are my friend, I zip tied the drill trigger and plugged it in.
loader has all its functions while powered by the drill. I have no idea what pressure I’m building with the drill, but there were no issues, it was probably a little slower than normal, which would be expected.
Im going to run to a Tractor supply near me and try to come up with a pressure guage and a way to connect it.

Mike

/ Branson 3510 (2004) lost hydraulics (three point and front end loader) #72  
That must be quite a drill Mike! It still takes a decent amount of power to lift just the loader.

I was wondering, how many hours does the tractor have?

Yes ptsg I’ve burned up many a drill in the past, this drill has never failed me, hurt me yes, failed me, no.

Tractor only has about 320hrs. I’d consider very low for its age. I just use it for Bush hogging, running my log splitter occasionally plow/disc, gravel drive work, chores around the house. I wouldn’t say I’m hard on it, but I do work it and don’t baby it (Yes, it’s dirty) I‘m currently, or was when this happened building a stone fire pit and a stone area around it for seating. The gravel is the base for flagstone or something similar (haven gotten that Picked out yet).
CF7150CF-3A71-4762-928B-E85D3573AC62.jpeg
I did have some failures of the tractor early on (I bought it new),
There was a issue with the right ram on the loader (weak or not functioning at all) actually twisted the frame of the loader.
Dealer repaired it, even replaced the twisted loader frame.
I also lost all drive, forwards and backwards along with hydraulics. I was bush hog at the time, Dealer had to bring a tractor with him and tow my tractor back to an area where we could load it onto his trailer. I don’t recall what the repair was.
Maybe I had some damage to the gear that failed from that early breakdown..? Possibly took this long to get to current failure?
No luck finding a 3000psi gauge locally, have to got to Amazon or eBay I guess.

Mike

/ Branson 3510 (2004) lost hydraulics (three point and front end loader) #74  
I've been thinking about this all day, it's like 8 PM over here, and was wondering about the worn out splines, if it could've been caused by just normal use, as in high hours. Although, it would have to be really high hours for that to happen.

That's definitely very low hours on that tractor. Sometime ago, there was a 3510 for sale local to me with around 3500 hours and that's actually not that many hours for a tractor that of that age in this country.

I'm now starting to think that the loader valve may not be connect right and therefore, the relief valve can't work as it should.

I guess that’s a possibility ptsg, I have never removed the loader, Just the bucket.
Dealer would have for the repairs that were done when it was almost new.
only thing I’ve ever disconnected on the loader would be a quick connect just to replace an o ring. Even then it would have been one at a time.
My paperwork says the loader is a ALK28(10 series)

Mike

Thank you SP Slim I’ll check them out.

Mike

I ordered a 5000psi test guage/kit from Ken’s bolt on hooks,
great prices.

If anyone could educate me on the loader I’d appreciate it.
My loader has 7 lines, 4 are quick connect which leave the controller and go to the loader rams.
The other 3 are “hard plumbed“ how do these three work,
My guess is one is pressure to controller, one return, and would the other be bypass (through the relief valve)?

Thanks,

Mike

/ Branson 3510 (2004) lost hydraulics (three point and front end loader) #79  
So the 4 lines to the loader cylinders, those are self explanatory.

The other three lines are:

- Pressure In - This line will come from the pump and will feed the entire system. An easy way to identify is on the loader valve as this line connects to the relief side of the valve

- Pressure Out, commonly known as Power Beyond (PB) - This line comes from the loader valve and will feed the rest of the system, in this case the 3 point hitch. I don't know if you have rear remotes/quick disconnects, otherwise it will feed that valve also. This line is also somewhat easy to identify because it will have a longer Hex fitting on the loader valve block.

- Tank - This one is the tank line. It allows the fluid returning from the cylinders to go to the tank and most important, it allows the relief valve of the loader valve to have a free path to the tank/transmission housing.

If the loader valve is not corrected right, it can block the operation of the relief valve on the loader valve which is not good for the pump.

Now, these 3 lines, will connect to a block on the tractor. From the service manuals, it looks like this block is somewhat hiding behind the right rear wheel. If you look at the diagram I shared on the post #63, you'll notice a rectangle named "Out Chance" under the second pump. This is the block where this lines connect to.

/ Branson 3510 (2004) lost hydraulics (three point and front end loader) #80  
With the work done previously there is a possiblity of a pressure relief valve being set to high.