Branson 3820i loader valve

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #1  

bobmisi

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 3820i
Long story short I broke the loader control valve on my 3820i which has the BL20S loader. I need a new one and Branson thinks I'm rich and wants 828 dollars for a new one. I know I can use a Prince or Brande etc, but which one is my question? Can anyone help with this ? I have rear remotes which came from the factory, so I just need the valve to run the loader with a joystick. Thanks in advance for any help.

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #2  
What broke exactly on the current loader valve? Those usually don't break often, if anything it's parts of joystick linkage that ends up breaking.

Also, is it cable operated via a joystick on the fender or the joystick is mounted directly on the valve? If it's the last one, then Surplus Center has a couple good valves for sale around $150 if I recall correctly. Will work just fine.

/ Branson 3820i loader valve
No cables attaches directly to loader. Cannot be rebuilt with a rebuild kit.

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #4  
I had the top to break off on my 3510 loader control. I was lucky enough that I could heli-arc the break. It took some finessing, but I was able to weld and grind the loader control piston, to where it was smooth enough to re-insert. It worked, but seemed to be a little off center. Sometimes, the loader would creep upward on its own. But I used it for a year, with little trouble. When I finally took the tractor in for unrelated servicing, the mechanic looked at it and found a little part, a washer or something, was missing. He replaced the missing part and now it works like new.

But I know what you mean, about Branson's parts prices being so high. That's what angered me into attempting the repair. I did look around on eBay and other places, and found some control units that probably would have worked, with a little adaptation, for under $200. 🦅

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #5  
Not sure what y'all mean with Branson parts being too high. I just bought a radiator for a 4520 and paid $900.00. That seems fair, right? :oops:

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #6  
Not sure what y'all mean with Branson parts being too high. I just bought a radiator for a 4520 and paid $900.00. That seems fair, right? :oops:
K5, I wish I had a few rich friends. You've gotta be rolling in the dough, or you have such a subtle sense of humor. Either way, glad you got your radiator! :)

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #8  
Yea, not real bad only a bit more then twice what my water pump was back in December.
You would think they would also include at least a small tube of vasaline with the parts.

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #9  
Hoping the 4520 takes a different rad than the 3520, because when I toasted mine not even 2 years ago, my dealer mailed me a replacement for $390+$30ship

/ Branson 3820i loader valve #10  
Who knows but it started out at about $500 and grew as they determined which one was the correct one. If I was keeping this tractor it would have been modified and a different radiator would be installed. I trying to use OEM parts as much as possible so whoever gets this thing is not wondering what I did.