Branson brand to be discontinued?

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #121  
I find the FB Branson Group discussion towards the TYM/Branson business to be far more up to date and factual than what I gleaned from here. It has candid comments from dealers & business reps and honestly just less conjecture toward the subject. Not trying to criticize anyone, just saying it's the better informed discussion overall.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #123  
I find the FB Branson Group discussion towards the TYM/Branson business to be far more up to date and factual than what I gleaned from here. It has candid comments from dealers & business reps and honestly just less conjecture toward the subject. Not trying to criticize anyone, just saying it's the better informed discussion overall.
I find Facebook to be even more full of manure than the worst of the posters on TBN. YMMV. Just like any internet source that is not the actual business, you have zero idea if they are "better informed". Sounds more like you just agree with their conjecture more than you do with ours. Fair enough.

I got my info directly from the largest Branson dealer in the US. You don't know me from Adam, just like you don't know the people posting on FB. I know where I got my info and you can take it or leave it. If I were you, I'd spend less time on FB and actually talk directly to the humans in the business.

Not trying to criticize anyone, just saying bless their hearts.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #124  
I contacted a huge (was) dealer of Branson looking for parts for my 2910i Branson and was told they no longer carry Branson that most dealers have stopped carrying Branson, this was Dec. 2022, so now what? Where are parts for Branson.
I'd go with @K5lwq 'S advice. I spoke directly with the GM at Big Tex and the ownership at two smaller TYM dealers within an hour of me. All 3 said the same thing about parts and equipment. They can get you anything that is in production from either brand.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #125  
Here is TYM's perspective on the merger, which suggests that there isn't much to going on for Branson owners to get nervous about.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #126  
This will be interesting to watch over the next 5 years. I have confidence TYM will provide parts and support to the legacy Branson line- it would hurt the TYM brand not to. That said, Branson will become more and more invisible in the TYM Mothership. I doubt they will keep all the models in the same hp/size space (maybe repackage into premium and economy models?). In any case, some models will disappear. How they deal with overlapping dealerships is another issue.

This could be an opportunity for TYM with an expanded dealer network, new products, and greater (combined) US market share. They could start by upgrading their awful website.

Branson isn't exactly an orphan brand, but it is in foster care.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #127  
What's in a name anyhow? Heck they could change the name of the Branson Tractor tomorrow to what ever they wish and it would still be the same device. I am sure that TYM will keep trying to sell whatever tractors will sell the best for as long as it remains profitable. That may be the device that we currently know as a Branson, or something else. That is normal. Tractors are continually changing due to technology improvements and/or profitability concerns. I have no doubt that almost any exact tractor of any brand made today will have a limited lifespan. Whatever name they give to the new version of the tractor the company offers is nothing more than marketing strategy.

What is known as a Branson today is a good tractor. They are profitable enough where TYM has decided to keep selling that same tractor. Enough of the various models have been sold over the past decade or so that it will be worth while to maintain a parts supply for some time to come. That is all that really matters. What they may or may not be called tomorrow is nothing to get worked up about.

The whole deal may be a benefit in that TYM may actually have some web page designers in their midst🙃

/ Branson brand to be discontinued? #128  
Of all the tractor web pages I have loaded thiers (TYM) is the slowest to load. Went to the "build a tractor" page looking at tractors in the 40 HP range and wouldn't load with my slow rural internet connection.
It wanted to load a 3D model of the tractor up front, the simple solution for me was to close the page.

/ Branson brand to be discontinued?
I contacted a huge (was) dealer of Branson looking for parts for my 2910i Branson and was told they no longer carry Branson that most dealers have stopped carrying Branson, this was Dec. 2022, so now what? Where are parts for Branson.
Well, technically Branson doesn’t exist anymore. They removed the name from the headquarters in GA and it simply says TYM now. The tractor models have all been renamed and rolled over to the TYM brand. There may be some with both names, but those are old stock. Branson has been rolled completely into TYM. The Branson 4815, is now the TYM 4815… same parts, but not branded as such. They have many models that completely overlap, like the 474 and 4815… granted the 474 comes much better equipped than the 4815.

TYM just doubled its dealer presence in Indiana with this merger… which makes me much more inclined to purchase a TYM product.