Bransonn 6225R

/ Bransonn 6225R #1  

Geoffm

Tractor
Ford 1900, Branson 6225r, MF50 with backhoe
Does anyoen own a Branson 6225R? I am looking at replacing an old Ford 1900 with something bigger. This comes with a front end loader and 4-1 bucket. Google doesn't give me much information about them or this model.
Geoff

/ Bransonn 6225R #2  
That is an European and maybe Australian model, that's why you probably won't find much info online, but it's a nice tractor.

You'll probably find more stuff about the 5025R, same tractor with 10 less HP, because that would sneak under the DPF requirements until 2021 or 2022, so they sold a lot of those. After 21/22, they all have DPF above 25HP.

Either way, it's a great tractor with great turning radius, not much electronics to go wrong, well balanced.

/ Bransonn 6225R #3  
It Looks like the same engine as the 5220/5520 that we had in the US. I wonder what the difference was to gain more HP? Probably just turned the fuel up on them. Looks like a nice tractor.

/ Bransonn 6225R #4  
It Looks like the same engine as the 5220/5520 that we had in the US. I wonder what the difference was to gain more HP? Probably just turned the fuel up on them. Looks like a nice tractor.
Yes, pretty much the same but they probably pushed the fuel a little bit more for the 58HP. On the other hand, I don't think we got the 4 range transmission on this side of the pond yet.

/ Bransonn 6225R #5  
I asked my (then) dealer about them after seeing a post from an Australian owner of one.

Dealer said they weren't going to be imported into US, that's the same time he told me the 25 series was being discontinued entirely.

/ Bransonn 6225R #6  
I asked my (then) dealer about them after seeing a post from an Australian owner of one.

Dealer said they weren't going to be imported into US, that's the same time he told me the 25 series was being discontinued entirely.
Looks like they kept the 20 Series entirely for the US market and kept the 25 Series for all the other markets, European, Australian, South American and Asian market. The 5025 and 6225 are still being offered with no signs of going away.

/ Bransonn 6225R
Thanks for everyone's help. It is supposed to be turning up on the truck today, so I will let everyone know how it goes. Specs on paper look good. I have no doubt it won't be as reliable long term as the fully mechanical Ford, with moreelectrical and electronic gadgets, but that is the tradeoff for progress.
The Ford 1900 has been extremely reliable. In 40 years, it has had the usual servicing and new glow plugs, and I think that is about it. It just needs more power.

/ Bransonn 6225R
2 tractors.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new

/ Bransonn 6225R #9  
I think you will be happy with the new. I doubt you will have any issues. Congratulations on a nice tractor!

/ Bransonn 6225R #10  
Thanks for everyone's help. It is supposed to be turning up on the truck today, so I will let everyone know how it goes. Specs on paper look good. I have no doubt it won't be as reliable long term as the fully mechanical Ford, with moreelectrical and electronic gadgets, but that is the tradeoff for progress.
The Ford 1900 has been extremely reliable. In 40 years, it has had the usual servicing and new glow plugs, and I think that is about it. It just needs more power.
Just curious in what part of the world you're in? Aus? NZ?

The only pictures I've seen of a 6225 with the hood up were from a guy in Australia. And that tractor had no DPF on it. If yours is brand new, maybe that's changed?

The point is, there are no "electronic gadgets" on it. It is a mechanical injected diesel. Even the US imported 25 series could run just fine without the DPF and data logger. It wasn't tied into the engine controls in any way.

Exhaust Mod on my 3725

I think you'll be fine.