Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art!

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #41  
Nice job,gonna have to get some fender flares next I recon.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #42  
I was think about those yamaha spacers,but the machine work is a PITA, so without removing my rear tire,I wanted to ask ya'll if the lug nuts are a tapered concetric design, this would elimnate the need for a machining a concentric raise portion for the rim seat.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #43  
Put the bro-tek 2" spacers on and put the tractor through its paces. Much better feel on my hilly terrain. Thank you Richard!

photo_zpsfb2666d7.jpg

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #44  
2nd that on being "things of beauty". Unbelievable piece of workmanship!! Can't wait to get them on.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #45  
Sounds just like my place. Is it safe to assume that the instability issues are much less with the FEL off. I don't have the BH.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #46  
Hi jhloiac. The FEL definitely makes the tractor much less stable on slopes. Hills and slopes I can zip around on with the FEL off, I have to be much more slow and deliberate with it on. Even keeping bucket as low as possible, you still raise the center of gravity with the FEL attached.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #47  
Mr. Metcalf, thanks for the response. Have only had the BX 1870 since April. Have heard and read a lot about these things flipping over. I live at the base of a small mountain. My 3 acre lawn is comprised of 4 terraces with transitional slopes. I've mowed for years on these slopes with conventional lawn tractors with no real problems. Looking at my BX I see a lawn tractor wider and heavier than any lawn tractor I've ever owned. Got very nervous every about mowing with it. Then it dawned on me that the difference was the FEL. Just wanted to see if others felt the same way and that mowing on slopes without the FEL was the way to go.
Thanks for the input.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #48  
I'll pm you so we don't take over a thread.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #49  
Just find a machine shop

Just find a machine shop and give them some iron barbells and a wheel pattern B.C. sketch.

Remove old studs and replace with longer ones, they are available. By doing so, you only have 4 or 6 holes to drill.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #50  
Re: Bro-Tek wheel spacers for M/F 1529

I received my Bro-Tek , 3" wheel spacers, today. They were very nicely machined and fit perfectly, on my M/F 1529. These spacers were probably larger than most, with 8 X 8, 16 mm lugs ... total diameter of about 10". I never felt uncomfortable on my old NAA, but the 1529 was about 6" narrower. ... plus, it has a FEL. I haven't put any time on it, but I'm sure it won't feel like "It's going to fall over", as frequently.

wheel9.jpg wheel10.jpg wheel11.jpg wheel12.jpg wheel13.jpg wheel14.jpg wheel15.jpg wheel16.jpg wheel17.jpg