Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art!

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #31  
Old thread , I know ..........

With my 54" MMM , the 2" pair were out . Not going to get the
right-rear MMM castor bracket relocated .
The JD set (1" for mower ) were 400 bucks !
Christian at The Tracks Company made me a 2" for the left , and
a 1.5" for the right . 199 Bucks . Superb welding job that appears
more substantial than the factory axle to wheels-mount plate weld.
75hrs mowing on slopes and happy with the stability and reduced
MMM flap. The freight out to here was $34 , whilst Brotek wanted
$140 for the aluminium disc freight ! What the ......

Richard did offer to make a 1.5" custom set ,but the cost was
all too much to-my-door.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #32  
Rainout yesterday so I installed the Bro-Tek 2" wheel spacers on the BX25. If I win the lottery someday I will buy a pair just to use for paperweights because they are just plain beautiful to look at. What precision machining, what a gorgeous hunk of metal! Also started installing the Bro-Tek skid plates, and I'm going back out now to finish putting them on. Hope to get out later today and see how the wider stance feels...it definitely looks cool. I didn't think that an extra two inches a side would really look much different, but it does.

Been thinking about those skid plates for a year now, but imajeepnut's recent thread on replacing the HST fan got me really motivated! :D BTW, the first pic's not mine, I forgot to get the camera out before I put the wheel back on.

View attachment 163473View attachment 163474View attachment 163475

My eyesight is not perfect anymore but,in the picture on the right(I blowed it up to 400%) where the wheel is mounted it looks like the hub centric protrusion on the adapter is way too small.When designed properly,it should match the center hole of the wheel so the load won't be carried soley by the stud bolts.Anyone else notice this?

Was the inside of the adapter machined to fit properly to mate with the factory hub centric?

The reason I drug this thread up,Im installing spacers on my GR2000 to improve stability.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #33  
I don't think it matters , because the original wheel to tractor
arrangement uses bolts only to attach together. Are not all 5
bolts holding the wheel to plate anyhow , as expected ?
Where are you sourcing your spacers , and how much ?

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #34  
Depends if it is a hub centric or stud centric designed wheel. Are there conical nuts/bolts?

My eyesight is not perfect anymore but,in the picture on the right(I blowed it up to 400%) where the wheel is mounted it looks like the hub centric protrusion on the adapter is way too small.When designed properly,it should match the center hole of the wheel so the load won't be carried soley by the stud bolts.Anyone else notice this?

Was the inside of the adapter machined to fit properly to mate with the factory hub centric?

The reason I drug this thread up,Im installing spacers on my GR2000 to improve stability.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #35  
I don't think it matters , because the original wheel to tractor
arrangement uses bolts only to attach together. Are not all 5
bolts holding the wheel to plate anyhow , as expected ?
Where are you sourcing your spacers , and how much ?

After I posted I continued reading other search threads and found a pic of a rear hub on a BX which has no hub centrics as you stated.On my tractor it does,so I'm having a machine shop make adapters for both sides.I ordered from this place which is not far from here.

1pr EZ GO & YAMAHA 1.5in 4/4 WHEEL SPACERS WSP6 #40 : Golf Cart : Wheel Spacers

Should have the machine work done in a few hours so I'll post back with some pics.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #36  
Depends if it is a hub centric or stud centric designed wheel. Are there conical nuts/bolts?

No,the wheels are just flat steel with a 2-1/2" hole center and four oversized holes for the studs,which make for a sloppy mount without the proper 2-1/2" hub centric for the wheel to mount on and center up properly.

Don't know what all this machine work is going to cost but I don't like to do things halfast.

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #38  
The same as in your link-23/10.50/12 rears,yes.Price of the spacers ended up being the smallest portion of this project.Machine work came to $150 for all four of the hub centric adapters :(

Here's what I started with,factory hub w/2-1/2" hub centric protruding out 3/16";

004-1.jpg

Adapter ring made for the inside;

001-3.jpg

A sleeve/flange type adapter on the outside for the wheel to mount on.This one was pressed in for a tight fit.

003.jpg

Assembly tightened down to factory hub;

006.jpg

Wheel mounted to new hub centric spacer;

007.jpg

BTW,see those carriage bolts protruding? I used a high strength silicone adhesive on the heads and let sit overnite.Big headache with mounting if not glued in.

Last edited:
   / Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #39  
Project completed with four 10lb weights on each wheel.

008.jpg

009.jpg

Two inch wider wheel track,plus the weights made a huge improvement in handling.Very tipsy before,due to the addition of the 285lb steel cab,with mostly all the weight above the rear tires.

010.jpg

I may keep the spacers on for mowing,but the rear deck wheels will have to be moved outward to work.

A project for another day :)

/ Bro-Tek wheel spacers, a work of art! #40  
I've just sent this link to my neighbour . He has a GR2100 and may well
be interested in doing this . Thanks for posting !