Loader Broke the loader

/ Broke the loader #1  

mreatwork

Tractor
KUBOTA BX1860
A few weeks ago, I backed up not knowing the loader control lever caught on a tree branch, bending the stick. Now I can’t mount the loader and it feels like the loader only lowers 4-5” from the ground.

I don’t know if it’s the lever or the valve but I’ve got to repair it somehow.

The dealer can’t get to it for 2 weeks (it’ll probably be longer than that).

should I just start ordering parts?

/ Broke the loader #2  
A few weeks ago, I backed up not knowing the loader control lever caught on a tree branch, bending the stick. Now I can’t mount the loader and it feels like the loader only lowers 4-5” from the ground.

If you know what you're doing, go for the parts...otherwise, wait for the dealer

/ Broke the loader #3  
I would not start throwing parts at it. The loader not lowering all the way to the ground says to me that there is probably more to it than just the lever or valve. Post some good pics of the damage.

/ Broke the loader
I would not start throwing parts at it. The loader not lowering all the way to the ground says to me that there is probably more to it than just the lever or valve. Post some good pics of the damage.
There’s no outward sign of damage which tells me it’s internal. I’ve had this tractor 15 years, never been back to the dealer but that looks like its going to change.

/ Broke the loader #5  

Seems odd that the loader would stop at a few inches above the ground. Does it raise and lower normally otherwise? Are the lift cylinder rods bent?

/ Broke the loader #6  
Chances are the loader valve and/or the handle to it are at fault. I doubt you hurt the loader itself (unless there is way more to the story than you have told us.) What do you mean you "can't mount the loader?" That implies you took the loader off the tractor after you backed into something and bent the control lever (I guess.) ? If the lever is bent, you may be able to extract the control valve from the loader frame, get it into a vise and/or some heavy clamps and straighten it. Maybe being bent it is hanging up on the loader frame and not moving full travel forward to lower the bucket? I think we need to know more here before being able to help.

By the way many shops are backed up these days, often for lack of workers. You ought to look around and see if some other shop (may be a non-Kubota one) has time to look into this. There is probably nothing Kubota-peculiar to this problem.

/ Broke the loader #7  
I’m confused.
You can’t mount the loader? - So the loader is off the tractor?
“..it feels like the loader only lowers 4”-5” from the ground”? Where do you feel this?
Is this a gut feeling, or can you actually see and measure how far the mounted loader stops above the ground?

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Broke the loader
The loader is off the tractor. I thought the lever was just bent, but it feels like the travel is limited when pushing up on it. Kind of like it’s “sprung”.

I can get the rear arms to sit on the “fingers” on the FEL mounts, but the arms refuse to extend back enough to sit in the cradles. Obviously not a workable situation.

thanks for the replies. This one is over my head.

/ Broke the loader #10  
Lever is probably locked into the detent position. Take the palm of your hand and slap the lever sharply to unlock it. then try mounting your loader.