Broken rubber fuel line

/ Broken rubber fuel line #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
So I'm getting my camper ready to go south, go to run the generator and it won't start. .. Come to find out that the fuel line .. Which Campers World "fixed" .. With a non barbed and short coupler slipped out and I was spraying fuel on the ground.. Anyway.. Im thinking about a dual barbed connector on a rubber fuel line.. Any problems with this .. I don't want to run 40 feet of new hose...

/ Broken rubber fuel line #2  
That will work you should be fine..

/ Broken rubber fuel line #3  
I would be sure to use hose clamps. Nothing more expensive than traveling down the road while leaving a trail of flames.

/ Broken rubber fuel line #4  
I don't want to run 40 feet of new hose...

40 feet of hose? Where is it connected? Generator connected to vehicle fuel tank?

Do you have a shutoff valve and a way to disconnect the generator?

/ Broken rubber fuel line
I would be sure to use hose clamps. Nothing more expensive than traveling down the road while leaving a trail of flames.
Yes, Im planning on clamping it... The clown at Camping World.. Took a compression fitting that had about 1/4" sticking out on each ens ..and it wasn't barbed.. then put hose clamps on that 1/4'... I think the clamp was wider than the bite the hose had to the fitting.... Friggin hacks.

40 feet of hose? Where is it connected? Generator connected to vehicle fuel tank?

Do you have a shutoff valve and a way to disconnect the generator?
The generator is in the front of a 42' 5th wheel toy hauler.. The generator tank is in the back of it. The line split about in the middle behind one of the wheels and its a PITA to access.

What caused the split?

I would be concerned that it was going to split again!
I'm not sure, I think it may have been pinched by the suspension

/ Broken rubber fuel line #9  
I think I would be concerned that it could happen again, and leaking fuel is never a good scenario….

/ Broken rubber fuel line #10