Brushes with Celebrities anyone?

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #41  
<font color=blue>…takes off the Nixon button, and pins a JFK button on her… I don't mean to interrupt you, but …</font color=blue>

Glenn…

Some great memoirs…/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #42  
When I was in Cub Scouts I met Ronald McDonald when he appeared on Captain Ernie's Cartoon Showboat (the Goodship Dixiebelle).

Does that count?

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #43  
Pitbull,

Ronald McDonald!! You're going to have to back this one up with pictures........no, not of Ronald but the fact you were in the Cub Scouts /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Russ

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #44  
I also met Walter Mondale when he spoke at our high school, I guess Ronald McDonald made a bigger impression on me /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #45  
About 10 years ago I was in Cancun. Dick Van Patten and his family were staying in the same hotel as my friends and I. They sure did get the royal treatment. One day I was in the ocean doing some body surfing and Dick and his tennis playing son (forget his name) came out and did some surfing with me. Very cordial and friendly.

As I recall his career was over about that time. The only thing I can remember him doing was infomercials for replacement windows. Does that still make him a celebrity?

Kip

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #46  
<font color=blue>95% of all putts that come up short don't go in. </font color=blue>

So that's my problem!!!??? Thanks for the tip! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Kip

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #47  
bgott, I really liked "Bound for Glory". I don't think that movie ever got the recognition it deserved.

My only brush with a celebrity was when I flew. I had Mohammed Ali on my plane; he was an extremely courteous person who would give his autograph to anyone who asked. A friend had Captain Kangaroo (drunk and obnoxious) on one of his flights.

My daughter, OTOH, has met Sammy Sosa, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, and lbnl, Cedric the Entertainer. I would have loved to have Cedric's autograph but she didn't ask for it.

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #48  
I think Dick Van Patten's career was mainly on tv. His first role was as the son in a very early tv series (early 1950's) called "I Remember Mama". He was later the father of a big family in a successful sitcom in the late '70's or so, the name of which I forget. Lot's of commercials, as you say.

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #49  
<font color=blue>He was later the father of a big family in a successful sitcom in the late '70's or so, the name of which I forget.</font color=blue>

Wasn't that called "Eight is enough" ?

/ Brushes with Celebrities anyone? #50  
Von,

I shook hands with Elvis this weekend! Spent a bit of time with him as well.
Made sure his screaming fans did not get out of hand and attack The Man.
Had his back, litterally! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Real nice guy. I asked him to remember me
when he was handing out Cadilac Cars! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later...
Dan McCarty