Brushogging

/ Brushogging #1  

Jdhager87

Tractor
Kublota m6060
Approximately how long to brushhog 35 acres with 65hp tractor and 7’ cutter? Guesstimate.

/ Brushogging #3  
Somewhere around 10 hours, at 4mph. That's assuming full 7 foot cut every pass, no doubling back, no over lap, no BSing around. Now, if you can pull off 4.5 mpg average, it will be a bit faster.

I think 4mph is a pretty good number for a field, but if there are obstacles, heavier brush, ect, it could very well be 3 mph, or 14 hours.

/ Brushogging #4  
Somewhere around 10 hours, at 4mph. That's assuming full 7 foot cut every pass, no doubling back, no over lap, no BSing around. Now, if you can pull off 4.5 mpg average, it will be a bit faster.

I think 4mph is a pretty good number for a field, but if there are obstacles, heavier brush, ect, it could very well be 3 mph, or 14 hours.
4mph would be too fast for me. I do about 35 in 3 6 hour days. I have 75Hp with 8’ cutter. Impossible to not have overlap and turns etc. This is brush cutting not finish mowing.

/ Brushogging

Kinda what I was thinkin. 12 -15 hrs. Just gitting other opinions. Thanks.

/ Brushogging #6  

At 4 mph, and a full 7 ft cut with a field 7 ft wide by 41.26 miles long, it would take 10.34 hours.

/ Brushogging #7  
One thing that we can't speak to, is your unproductive time. That's turning, lining up your passes, stopping to 'water the grass', ect; and it adds up more than people think, especially on anything odd shaped.

I would throw a guess out there, that maybe your 85% efficient; so if you are bidding this for someone else; I would use the 14.38 hours at 85% efficient; I get 16.91 hours total job.

Last edited:
   / Brushogging #9  
If you are mowing a unknow field, you may want to double the hours mentioned above in order to have time to react to possible hidden objects. Ken Sweet

/ Brushogging #10  
is this for hire or your own? i'm always skeptical of unknown fields, esp hardware w/loaded rear tires.