BT300 back hoe

/ BT300 back hoe #1  

Grut

Silver Member
I have a BT300 back hoe on my T330 which is gonna need a looking at because the joystick on the right bent at the threads because it wore down hitting the sheet metal cover and linkage which holds the 3 balls from valve and joystick isn't holding the one ball anymore(what a pain that is popping back in while digging a trench), and the subframe will not stay tight all 8 bolts keep loosening up because TYM didn't use nylon lock nuts or loc-tite. I torqued them to around 130ft/lbs and even hit them with my impact gun still no go on staying tight.
Also the 2 pins which hold the main boom and provide the pivot left and right seem to have slop already when digging they pop once and a while..
I am religous about maintenance and it gets greased every 5-10 hours and bolts get checked over every other greasing.
Anyone else have any problems with back hoe from TYM?
I am informing the dealer about the problem next week when I have some time to stop out and visit...

/ BT300 back hoe #2  
I too have had many problems with the nuts coming loose on the frame. Some day when I have the time I will order nylock nuts and replace them all. Mt hoe attachment is for the 233.

/ BT300 back hoe
That is what I was thinking of doing to correctly fix the problem. I did it on the ubolt which holds the hoes out of the way where the main boom mounts to frame. Lost a nut--loosened up so I replaced it with nylon lock nuts and tightened her up. We'll see should be fine now.

/ BT300 back hoe
Update:
I fixed the lever problem by bending it back some and removing the control linkage and tightening up the neutral post(loosened up and caused lots of extra slop)..
As for the bushings I am going to talk with the dealer about it, haven't had a chance to stop on by.
The subframe nuts I thinnk I am just going to remove them and loctite them.

/ BT300 back hoe #5  
Tell me why it is tym fault, anwer it is the dealer who mounted it all up that has failed to put locktite on the threads it happens all the time with anybrand tractor, when the dealer's service department doesnt do i proper job
blame them not the manufacturer

/ BT300 back hoe
I understand sundancekid57 the dealer is who assembles, but only to the manufacturer's specs. Can you find where a manufacturer specifies loc tite? I haven't come across it.
TYM should have used nylon lock nuts and flat washers on both sides not one, their loc washers do not hold(must be low quality).

Anyway I will loc tite them and hope to not have any other issues. If so I will look into replacing some of the hardware.